Mermaider

Sonic and shadow swim under the arch when the necklace glows once more. They looked at each other and nod continuing to swim in the direction of the necklace. "Don't worry Amy we're getting closer to saving you." Shadow thought when suddenly he felt like someone was watching. He took a quick look around before swimming upwards with sonic. Both hedgehogs take a big gasp of air as they the rose from the water. Shadow once again looks around the cave that is lit by glowing crystals. "This place is so beautiful" sonic said as they walked on the dark sand that changes color by their touch. "Sonic I know I'm going to sound paranoid and no I'm not making a joke about this..... but I felt like we were being watched from underwater...." He said and sonic nods. "Same here Shadz.... Let's get that spear and get the fuck out of here." Sonic said. Shadow walks out of the water and turns to help sonic when suddenly a pair of arms grabs the blue hedgehog and drags him back under water. "SONIC!" Shadow shouted and dove back in. He looks frantically until he spots Sonic shifting into his wolflike form to get out of the grip of a monster mermaid. Her tail had spikes going down the spine to a sharp fins, she was very beautiful but her eyes were solid black and as sonic tried to fight she exposed rows of sharp teeth. Shadow starts to swim very fast and punches her and she lets go of sonic. Shadow gives sonic the necklace and spear before attacking the mermaid more. Sonic rose from the water and gasps for air before diving back down to help shadow. Good thing he did because as he was getting closer he noticed another monster mermaid coming behind shadow. Sonic opened his wolf like jaws and bit deep into her neck. The blood attracts shadow and he grabs the one he's fighting seeing the dead mermaid float to the bottom. Sonic started to swim back up as shadow rips the head off the other one and drinks the blood before swimming back up. He gasped for air as sonic shook his fur. "Thanks for the backup...." Shadow said. "No problem now let's get that second spear." He replied and they continued walking down the cave. Sonic admires the crystals as they continued to walk thinking how much Knuckles and Tails would love this and study the crystals. "Well get them back" shadow said. "Huh?" "I see it on your face sonic you're worried about our friends and these crystals made you think of knuckles and tails right?" Shadow asked and sonic nods. "Yeah...." He replied and they continued to walk. "We're getting closer" shadow said and they enter a small gap. Inside was nothing but smaller crystals that covered the whole area. "Wow" they both said admiring the beauty of it. Shadow spots the chest at the top of the small mountain of crystals and nods his head towards its direction to sonic. He nods and they approached the chest. They noticed the spear started to glow as well once they stood in front of the chest. "On three" sonic said and they count before opening it up. The second spear lays in a pile of diamonds but they only grabbed the spear.

"Now to find Amy and our friends"

Sorry if this chapter is short more to come! I hope you are enjoying the book!