A Distance Chap.20

Cyno hurried you back to Gandharva Ville after finding you unconscious in the rain, and once he'd come back he called for Tighnari to come help In which he rushed to see what happened. Cyno was as clueless as he was about what happened to you, but Tighnari knew one thing which was that you came down with a fever so he had Cyno take you back to your room quickly, before he went to work on helping you cool down your fever also getting medicine for you, and through It all Cyno stayed not too far away as he was very worried about you. Collei was really worried too and she helped Tighnari with whatever he needed in order to help you get better, and this went on for three days until finally your fever went down and you were conscious again.

You were now recovering well from your fever but Tighnari instructed you to stay in bed one more day just to be sure, and also take some more of the medicine that he'd made for you

you were turned over In bed with your back facing the rest of the place, but then there came a knocking on the frame of your house, and In the doorway stood Tighnari 

"May I come In?"

you let out a hum In which he heard so he stepped inside, bringing a steaming cup of medicinal tea that he'd made to help you get back your usual pep, "I brought this for you"

you rolled over and moved your hair from your face, then sitting up as he came over to hand the cup to you, you took It into your hand's carefully as you then blew on It

Tighnari then took your temperature "It's gone back to normal, alright tomorrow you can get back to work as usual"

"Alright"

you then sipped the really bitter concoction, "Ew!"

Tighnari chuckled a bit, "The best Medicine's always bitter you know"

you had another few sips before putting It down, just as he took out some Candied Ajilenakh nut which Cyno had brought for you as a little get well gift, and you started eating It

"Cyno left this for you, he left back to the Akademiya for a while" 

"I see....I'll thank him as soon as I can, he's the one who brought me back right?"

Tighnari nodded, "Yeah and he visited while you still weren't conscious"

you smiled sadly, "he's so sweet"

Tighnari touched your shoulder, "Now care to tell what happened back then?"

you felt your heart ache, "No...I couldn't tell you, for his sake I can't"

"Who?"

you shook your head, "Nothing...just forget what I said please..."

Tighnari raised a brow, "Okay, just take It easy for the rest of the day I'll be back later but call if you need me"

you smiled a bit, "Thank you master"

Tighnari soon left and when he did, you sat up in bed as you hugged your legs to your chest as you started feeling all the emotion's from before come bubbling back, and suddenly you found yourself getting dressed back into your usual clothes as you rushed out your house, not even bothering to braid your hair as you were In a hurry to Sumeru City.

You ran as long as you could until you couldn't anymore, but then you hopped onto the back of a cart that was heading to near the Akademiya which was where you needed to go right now, that was the first place you thought to find him as Lesser Lord Kusanali would be able to help you out. Along the ride you hoped that he'd be there so you could talk to him again but you knew he said you'd never see each other again, but you wanted to believe It was just a lie

you hopped off the cart as you rushed up the pathway to the Akademiya, but then stopped to catch your breath before you continued as you headed to the Sanctuary of Surasthana 

once outside the doors you steadied yourself, before pushing the doors open 

"Lesser Lord Kusanali!"

Nahida turned upon hearing your voice, "Oh, It's you"

you rushed to meet her but then Nahida put her hands up "Take It easy, I knew you'd be here one of these days here come sit down, are you doing alright"

you took in a breath as you followed her, "Where is he?"

"Wanderer? he's gone"

you paused, "Gone? what do you mean"

Nahida turned to face you, "He left after the events of three day's ago, I'm very sorry about what happened"

you fell to your knee's as you then felt your eyes cloud up, "So It's true...I really won't see him ever again"

you then let out a sigh as you covered your eyes, "Why...Why did he...why'd things have to turn out like this"

Nahida walked over and rubbed your back, "We all have our fate, but this was something that he didn't need to do,⁶ I know he told you everything about his past...but what do you think? Is he evil or Is he someone that you still care about"

a few tears streamed down your cheeks, "That's his past life but...I want to see him again, I don't want to lose him...after all we've been through I...I don't understand how I feel now"

you covered your face with your hand's as you started to cry more, and Nahida stayed at your side to try comforting you as best she could "Even I don't know where he is anymore...."

"but I know one thing...he did what he did because he cares for you so much"

you looked up, "Really?"

"Yes, you're the first person besides me In centuries who's shown him kindness...not to mention you taught him something very Important that he's never known before"

Nahida wiped the tears away from your cheeks, "Which is...Love"

your eyes widened as you let that register In your mind, just as more tears dripped to the floor as you came to the realization all along of how you felt.