What an unusual happening? #2

Author POV

A harpoon was cast out to grab him,only swiftly zooming past him to hook him up.As Tommy was being reeled up by the harpoon,he fell unconscious from the sudden shock.He thought as a child his life would be filled with so much joy and time but his views had a sudden turn from these events.The sunlight was in reach;dazzling and shining on the sea water above.Tommy was flung onto the hunting boat."what is a kid doing floating in the sea"A hunter said."Those horrible mermaids must've captured him"Another said angrily."I think it's best to take him back to shore"They all chimed.Tommy slowly awoke to the crashing of the waves brushing against the boat.He shot up as soon as he noticed where he was."Where am I?!"He said in a terrified tone.He looked horrified when he saw his tail that had somehow become legs.He started to panic when he was cut off by one of the people on board."We saved you sunny,from those awful mermaids"The hunter said while laughing.Tommy was about to say something then realised that if they saw him defending the mermaids,they would kill him thinking he was one.He had to play this smart.

"O-oh"He said acting surprised.He hated the hunters talk bad about his family and his future subjects but he didn't want to be killed and fail them.The outline of a huge town was mesmerising with its tall,glowing lampposts and the bright,cheerful houses looked like a dream.I stared in amazement of what was in front of me.It was midday in the town of L'manburg and you could hear the happiness from the townsfolk even from far away.Their own little world.Just like a bubble.

When Tommy finally reached shore, he made a run from the hunters when they weren't looking to get away.Hobbling and struggling from this new found skill.There was nothing in his mind except from getting away.Not realising he bumped into someone head on."Oh my god,I'm so sorry!"Tommy said apologisingly."You're good,it's fine"said the person he bumped into."My name's Purpled, how about you?"."Uh...I'm Tommy,Nice to meet you!"Tommy exclaimed.Purpled looked at Tommy calmly as he got up, brushing the dirt from off his jeans.His purple hoodie puffed out as if it had a mind of its own.Tommy looked at him and couldn't help but smile.He felt safe with him."You seem really tired and your clothes are torn.Do u need any help?"Purpled asked questioning."It would be nice if you could"Tommy said embarrassed.He brought Tommy back to his house but on route,Tommy took in the wonderful display of the town.It was charming and busy, far from what he was told as a child.He never knew how amazing the world was above the water.He stumbled once in a while but he thought that he was finally getting it."Here it is!"Purpled exclaimed.It wasn't huge but his house was cozy and had a nice feeling about it."It's not much but it's home!"He said happily.

(hehe Home Home)

"Well I think it's amazing!"Tommy said reassuringly.He then heard shouting coming from the docks and faintly heard the hunters.He saw them running up the hill looking for him and in instinct, he darted into Purpled's house.Tommy stared with stars in his eyes at the colourful walls and furniture in the house.Mixes of purple and grey  looked very good together.Everything seemed so perfect.Perfect....

Tommy never knew about this beautiful place.He only heard about a horrible, sad land trapped in an emotional perma frost.A place over run by greed.This was nothing like it.Everything seemed too nice and happy.Although there were hunters killing his kind, was his family telling him lies.He stood there open eyed.Looking blankly at the ceiling."Are you alright Toms?"Purpled asked snapping him back to reality from his ocean of thoughts."Toms?"Tommy asked questioning."I thought it would be a nice nickname to call you.You can call me purp if you want."Purpled said smiling."Sounds good".