Chapter 9: The Starting Gate!

Here we go with Chapter 9! I know the last Chapter was a little shorter then normal but that was beacuse I wanted to get the Chapter out on because I was a bit behind due to writers block and do to the fact I had to pull longer hours in work on that week, And Jaune will be spending quite a while in the Hunter X Hunter Universe do to Hunter Exam, I may skip the third Arc when Jaune leaves the Universe then go back when the Heavens Arena Arc starts. So with all that said...

Here we go!

As the two walked down the dirt road towards Gon home town, Gon was walking down with a spring in his step while Jaune walked slightly behind carrying the strange Fish Gon had Caught. Deciding to strike up a conversation with Gon Jaune spoke up.

Jaune: So, Gon..."

Gon:  Yeah!"

Jaune shrugged the shoulder that the fish was on.

Jaune: Why did you catch this large fish, is to eat? To sell? or is it a trophy?"

Gon's eyes light up.

Gon: My aunt promised to let me join the Hunter Exam if I caught the Guardian, and so I did!"

Jaune: Hunter Exam?"

Gon looked over to Jaune.

Gon: Yeah, its a yearly event that an applicant must pass to become a Hunter, an elite member of humanity and a part of the Hunter Association."

Jaune: So what do Hunter do, Do they only Hunt animals or do they Hunt criminals?" 

Gon begins to explain what hunter do.

Gon: Hunters devote themselves to tracking down priceless items, mystical places, and the unseen wonders of the world. But some do hunt criminals, they are called Black hunter."

Jaune: So Hunters are basically Adventurers, Mercenary and Bounty Hunters?"

Gon nods.

The two walked in silence as they got to Gon's home town, It was a peaceful seaside town with the forest at it's back and cliffs to the left and right side.

Jaune's eyes wondered as he followed Gon the Pier were a large group of Fisherman Fishmongers were Getting their catches ready to sell.

Jaune: This looks like a great place to go to on a vacation, refreshing sea breeze, Beautiful crystal clear waters, and I bet the food is to die for.'

While Jaune looked around Oden came out of his Mortuary tablet and looked around the seaside town.

He smiled, Seeing the ships and all the people on the dock made he recall his adventures with the Whitbread Pirates and the Roger Pirates, all the singing, the dancing and all the diffrent places they saw, those would stay will Oden forever. Even in death Oden never forgot them or his family, Looking over at Jaune Oden had a throught.