Chapter 17: A Little Timeout

Well here we go with the next chapter, In this one he are going to see what Jaune will do while he waits for the timer to expire. This chapter will also show off the mystery weapon Jaune will get for completing this Phase and it is a weapon that he will have no skill with at the start but will get better at and I will create a Hastu to help him train his skills with it.

 So with that out of the way.

Here We Go!

During the exam's Third Phase, which requires applicants to reach Trick Tower's base within seventy-two hours, Jaune and his friends have incurred a penalty of thirty hours.

Only three hours and a half hours have passed since the group first entered the room, Kurapika was looking at the bookshelf trying to find something to kill time, Leorio was sitting on the couch, Gon was trying out Killua's Skateboard in one of the corners and Jaune was meditating, Before he started he read the Skill book to help him learn some more about Nen and how to train it. Right know he was training his 'Zetsu'.

Jaune: Zetsu, the ability to contain you aura inside your own body, with this I can hide my aura and sense the aura of others more easily but it makes me more sensitive to aura and aura-based attacks so I will have to be careful to only use this when I am only following an aura users or trying to track one. As far as I know no one back on Renment can use it, or they can and don't want to.' 

Jaune opened his eyes to see Killua doing a trick with is skateboard where he kicks it up with his feet and catches it. before he passes it to Gon.

Killua: If you hesitate on the first step, you'll hurt yourself."

Gon: Got it."

Gon takes the board off him.

Leorio looks over at Kurapika who is still looking for a book.

Leorio: Hey, Kurapika. Once we've spent Thirty hours here, we'll have fewer than forty hours, right?"

Kurapika: Yes, that's correct."

Leorio: That's way more than enough time!"

Jaune: Let's hope your right Leorio."

The four look at Jaune who was still sitting cross legged.

Leorio: What's that?"

Jaune: Phase Three lasts seventy-two hours. and each phase is designed to weed out half of the remaining candidates. So, I don't think we can relax when leave this room..."

Kurapika: Well, our chances of reaching the goal within Thirty hours will depend on the remaining trials."

Leorio: Yeah, that's true."

Jaune smiles.

Jaune: Don't worry, I'm sure if we puts are heads together when we get out we will get down to the bottom of the Tower with time to spare."

Suddenly Killua's skateboard wiz passed the three and into the bookcase, Leorio looked at Gon and Killua and saw Gon was in a stance like he was on a skateboard. 

Leorio: Hey! What are you doing?"

Standing up straight Gon rubbed the back of his head. 

Gon: Sorry about that."

Leorio: Don't skateboard inside this tiny room!"

Gon: Aww..."

Jaune sighed and went back to his training, while his Zetsu was at Level 3 now, it was still too low. Jaune was going to master the basics of Nen then he was going to work on the Advanced Principles after that.