- XII -

"So, still got some friends on the Force

"So, still got some friends on the Force. It's Lestrade. Says they're all coming over here right now, queuing up to slap on the handcuffs: every single officer you ever made feel like a tit, which is a lot of people." John stated measly pissed off just as Sherlock appeared per the usual not to take much notice of his blogger.

Mrs Hudson knocks on the closed living room door still in her nightwear. She apparently feels the tension in the room. "Oh, sorry, am I interrupting?" Rolling his eyes, Sherlock looks away. "Some chap delivered a parcel. I forgot. Marked perishable, I had to sign for it." Mrs Hudson shines her attention to John. Taking the jiffy bag from her, he seems to immediately realise there's a wax seal over the flap. Sherlock looks across and also sees the seal. "Funny name. German, like the fairytales." Mrs Hudson pondered on.

Rising to his feet, Sherlock walks forward with a gaze intense just as John pulls out the Jiffy bags contents.

Outside, the sirens of several different vehicles are approaching.

In John's hand is a large gingerbread man but it's an unusual colour. He tilts it so that Sherlock can see it better. "Burnt to a crisp." The Holmes man announces gravely.

The vehicles pull up outside and the sirens stop, and doors start to slam as people get out of the cars.

"What does it mean?" John asked in reference.

The doorbell rings and at the same time someone pounds on the front door knocker. "Police!"

"I'll go." Mrs Hudson speaks before turning to hurry down the stairs as someone continues to knock on the door. Voices can be heard as she opens the door. "Sherlock..." Donovan shouts. "Evening, Mrs Hudson." Lestrade shares the greeting. "We need to talk to you!" Donovan carries on to call up the stairs. Downstairs, Mrs Hudson sounds rather angry. "Don't barge in like that!"

Calmly Sherlock turns around and picks up his scarf and loops it around his neck. John blocks the stairs partway up. "Have you got a warrant? Have you?" He spits full of venom. "Leave it, John." The Detective Inspector warns gravely. "Really! Manners!" Mrs Hudson spoke out of tradition as several officers rushed past her.

Sherlock puts on his coat.

***

Shortly afterwards Greg stands in front of him while one of two armed officers attaches handcuffs to his left wrist. "Sherlock Holmes, I'm arresting you on suspicion of abduction and kidnapping." John gestures towards Sherlock while looking at Greg as the officer pulls Sherlock's left hand behind his back in order to cuff his other wrist. "He's not resisting."

"It's all right, John." Sherlock attempts his best to soothe. "He's not resisting. No, it's not all right. This is ridiculous."

"Get him downstairs now." Lestrade orders the officer. The officer spins Sherlock around and marches him out of the door. Mrs Hudson stands nearby almost in tears "You know you don't have to do -" John tries to organise only for Lestrade to get in his face and point with a stern finger. "Don't try to interfere, or I shall arrest you too."