- LIX -

Like Mycroft had stated, he would help Elina anyway that he could but he knew by doing something she had so freely asked for would hurt her

Like Mycroft had stated, he would help Elina anyway that he could but he knew by doing something she had so freely asked for would hurt her. Even if she thought otherwise.

That's probably why he found himself three weeks later in the morning sat in his low chair beside the window reading a newspaper with a cup of tea and a plate of toast on the table beside him for breakfast.

"I'm thinking of switching Lily to a formula feeding..." Elina announced dimly whilst eating a tuna mixed pasta. Mycroft's eyes trailed over his newspaper to look over at her. It was quite obvious that even though Elina enjoyed the bonding with their daughter whilst breastfeeding, she was getting thinner and had to eat twice the amount than advised of calories and nutrients just so herself and Lilith weren't going without. It was unnatural because she was meant to be gaining weight but alas Elina went against everything in that fashion.

Mycroft knew now was an appropriate time to put his paper aside in order to provide her with his ultimate attention and he found it easy to because it was her.

Lilith was lying in her Moses basket beside her mama finally asleep after a two hours long feed earlier that morning.

Mycroft knew why she wanted to switch after three weeks of Lilith being born but he still asked. "Why?" Elina looked like she was about to cry. "Because I'm sore and she seems to be feeding on demand which I thought was only a boy thing. I'm not producing quick enough, and it's so... So damn tiring. I just want to sleep." Her last sentence brought in the tear works. "And I just want to cuddle!" She exclaimed before holding her face in her hands, heaving in her cries.

Mycroft felt the pain within him as he watched her cry and apparently his actions were quicker than his mind as he opened his hand out to her, beckoning her close. Elina looked point blankly at him, not fully understanding what he was getting at. Crossing one leg over the other so his ankle was leaning on his opposite knee, he looked to her whilst patting his lap. "Come here."

"I'm going to hurt you, I'm heavy." Elina tried to excuse to attempt to waver her embarrassment. "You have two options..." He announced after closing his eyes momentarily at her words. "Come here or I'll cancel my day in work." It was a low shot but Elina stood up with hands held at her hips. "What a crappy threat, why would I be apposed to that?" In the midst of her being cocky, Mycroft clenched his jaw as well as his fists and stood up to sweep her off her feet so she was in his arms and he collapsed back down into his seat. She adjusted her position so she was sat across his lap with her legs dangling over the arm's rest. She looked red in the cheeks, flushed with embarrassment and Mycroft looked to her oddly.

He gestured for her to speak her mind and she stumbled a little over her words. "W-Why am I in your lap?"

"Well, it's still early days for you to be over it, reeling for a good spanking." Mycroft had spoken so passively with a flare of arrogance in his toning. "Mycroft!" She spluttered, mortified and confused. He let out a hearty laugh and tilted her chin up so she had no other choice but to look into those swirling shades of blues in his eyes. "Oh, don't feign innocence with me now. My little..." He crooned. "Raven." His thumb brushed from her chin to her bottom plump lip, opening her mouth slightly. She felt a chilling breath escape her and she closed her eyes in order to attain little strength.