14. ༺It Was Never You༻

The sound of a lock turning, the click of a door being closed and footsteps walking across wooden floorboards echo through the small space. A small silence falls over the bar.

Dazai calmly turns his head to face me. His narrow dark brown eyes are cold but it is hard not to be distracted by how handsome he is. Despite his cold demeanor, which can almost be described as unfeeling, I can see a sliver of a smirk on his lips. After what feels like an eternity of silence, he finally decides to talk.

"Ohh it's F/N! Lovely to see you again." He says with his arms crossed as he leans on the bar counter. I smile at him a bit and sit down next to him on the bar stool, "You really do come here everyday , don't you?" I say with a smile, he smiles back at me and sighs. "Yea of course I do, I'm waiting for Oda and Ango to get here!~" He says with a cheerful smile, he always seems happy and hopeful whenever he talks about them or sees them , after all, they are close friends from what I know so far. 

As we both silently wait for them to arrive I turn to the bartender and ask for a wine. The bartender nods and grabs a glass cup for me, but before he could pour it, Dazai stops him and smiles. 

"Give us both matching cups!" He says with a wide smile, the bartender raises one of his eyebrows and sighs and walks back to the shelf and gets another cup to match Dazai's. He rubs the cup to clean it with a small red handkerchief  and puts it in front of me while pouring a full glass of wine. I smile and gently take the wine in my hands, Dazai smiles at me and raises his cups, looking at me slightly.

"Cheers?" He asks with a smile, waiting for me to clink my glass with him. I chuckle a bit and motion him to put the glass back down with my hand as he looks at me disappointed. "Let's wait for Odasaku and Ango to show up, then we can have our little cheers" I say as I smile at Dazai, he smiles back at me slightly and puts down his cup as he lays his head on the counter in boredom and yawns. "I really hope they don't forget to meet me up today, they promised." Dazai says as he yawns once more. 

The bells from the door suddenly jingle and we hear faint footsteps, me and Dazai both turn around on our stools and see both Ango and Odasaku walking it, Ango looked slightly drenched though. As Dazai sees Ango's wet hair and slightly wet suit he bursts out laughing and Ango stares at him with a tired expression. Odasaku approaches Dazai and slightly bonks him on the head with his hand and chuckles a bit, "I already told you not to make fun of Ango, Dazai" He says as he slowly sits on the stool next to Ango and Ango as well sits next to him and places his suitcase on another free stool. 

"What happened to you?" I ask Ango as I giggle a bit, ending up with a light bonk on the head from Dazai. "Hey! what was that for??" I ask Dazai as I turn around to face him with a pout, He clears his throat and puts his hands up the hair dramatically "oh well you shouldn't make of Ango!" Dazai says with a sarcastic pout, Ango smiles at him thinking he's genuine and Dazai smirks a bit at his reaction and clears his throat again. "Ango probably had to suffer and walk here in the rain like a poor little cat! It's rude to make fun of him when he's been through so much!" Dazai says mockingly as he tries to hold in his laugh. 

I giggle at his comment and nicknames of Ango and as I glance at both Ango and Odasaku they both look completely done with Dazai. Ango sighs and then takes a look at his watch. "What are you looking at your watch for?" Dazai asks with an eager smile, Ango looks at him with an annoyed expression as he sweat drops.

"To look at the time, obviously? Why are you questioning my every move.." 

"Well it's fun seeing you get so mad over it!"

"I can never understand you.."

As Ango bickers at Dazai and Dazai just smiles cheekily the entire time, me and Odasaku stay quite and watch Ango as we let out small chuckles. I have to admit, every time I spent with them is fun. For some one who's a prisoner, Dazai sure does carry me around here and there. Probably because he knows I feel slightly un comfy by him so I won't run away. But besides, who wouldn't feel scared of him? The last time I saw him was when he was.. 'teaching' Akutagawa.