17. ༺Goodbyes༻

MENTIONS OF: SU!CIDE AND DEATH.

......

"I never loved anyone else like her.."

Says Dazai as he takes a small sip of his drink then smiles at Odasaku.

"I never thought you'd find someone you like, Dazai." Odasaku says with a smile as he pats Dazai's back lightly, then takes his glass of beer and raises it.

Dazai chuckles at Odasaku's gesture and raises his glass as well, making them both clink their glasses together and take a swig of the drink as they bring it back down near their mouth.

"Thank you Odasaku, for not treating me like a monster, for treating me like a.."

Dazai pauses and looks back at his drink, Odasaku looks at him curiously, wondering what he's gonna say.

"Treating you like a...?"

"Human.." Dazai mutters under his breath, making sure Odasaku didn't hear it.

Odasaku looks at him confused, "What was that, Dazai?" Odasaku asks curiously as he places his glass down.

"Nothing.. it's nothing.." Dazai says as he forces a smile onto his face, holding back the urge to hug him.

' I never felt more safe in anyone's arms before, F/N and Oda are the only ones who treat me as if I'm worth something, I don't deserve it though, do I? I'm just a worthless human being, a doll, a killing machine. ' Dazai thinks to himself as he blankly stares at his glass, drowning in his despair of thoughts.

" Do you think I'll be able to die someday?.." Dazai asks Odasaku, still not making eye contact with him. Odasaku flinches slightly at the sudden question and looks at Dazai, "I hope not." Odasaku says with a small smile, suddenly leaning to Dazai and hugging him.

" I really hope you stop trying to kill yourself like this, The Port Mafia does not deserve you." Odasaku says softly as he hugs Dazai. Dazai says nothing and buries his face into Odasaku's shoulder, holding back the urge to hug him back.

" Well, if I do die.." Dazai suddenly says in almost a whisper, his face still buried in Odasaku's shoulder.

"I hope I get to see F/N and you one last time.."

Odasaku smiles at his words and nods slowly, Dazai smiles back at him and closes his eyes, his face still buried onto Odasaku's shoulder.

...

Dazai's POV:

"Why are you so upset?? I'm completely fine F/N-San!" I say with a small smile, as I try to hide the pain I feel from the large wound on my stomach.

F/N holds my hand and squeezes it, Tears slightly dripping down her face as she stares at me with both guilt and annoyance. "What the hell, Dazai? I told you to be careful, didn't I?" F/N says with pain filled in her voice as she squeezes my hand tighter. I chuckle softly then groan in slight pain as my stitches feel like it's tearing.

I place my hand on her head, my fingers running through her hair as my other hand holds her cheek and wipes away the tears with my thumb. "Please, don't cry F/N." I say with a small smile as I hug her softly.

' My stomach hurts so much, it feels like it's gonna tear apart, but I wanna keep on hugging her like this, feeling her embrace and her soft breath. ' I think to myself as I smile and hug her.