Chapter 1

Y/n's pov:

Another day,another rejection.

These constant rejections were now making me lose my mind.What was wrong with me?I graduated from SNU with a good CGPA.Yes, maybe I didn't have any experience in a job but if no one gives me a chance,how would I actually get experienced!?

Actually,the experience wasn't a problem.The main problem was me being the daughter of Hwang Ho-jun,the owner of Hwang Ent. which was one of the top three companies of Seoul.

Yes,being the daughter of one of the biggest CEOs can bring misfortune to you.I was the glowing example of that.

I never understood what problems other companies had in that.They always say "I can work at my father's company,why do I need to work somewhere else?".

Well,who was gonna break the news to them that my father doesn't like the idea of me working not only at his,but also any other company.

In this modern era,where men and women worked hand in hand for the betterment of future life,there were still people like my father who believed women were only supposed to be inside the house,looking over the family,not working outside.

And I hated that.I hated being chained up from the bottom of my heart.I studied for nothing after all.I wanted to shine,to make my own life with my own money.But my father was a hindrance to me instead of being my supporter as he should have been.

Thinking about those all again,another sigh of disappointment left my mouth as I slowly made my way out of the company that I came to give an interview.An interview in which I got rejected.

I forced my feet to walk toward my home with a heavy heart.My home was about twenty minutes walk away from this place and I wasn't feeling like taking any cab.

I wanted to fresh my mind before stepping inside my house.A house that never felt like home.

After a good thirty minutes of walking,I finally reached home.Hats off to my legs for having this much strength in them.

I rang the bell,waited for someone to open the door and to my fortune,it was my mom who welcomed me with a bright smile.

My mother.She was the one only who made my whole world light up.

"How was the interview?"She asked enthusiastically but when she only got silence as a reply from me,her smile dropped.But it was only for a second before she smiled again and dragged me inside the living room by holding my arms.

"It's okay.Don't worry.You'll get a job soon." This woman always had faith in me even at my worst moments.

"I don't know mom.I feel like crying now.It was the fourth time."I sat on the couch, leaning my head backwards."It's the fourth time mom!I got rejected by four companies four times!"

Mom also sat beside me.She started caressing my hair."And you know the reason why?Because I am the daughter of Hwang Ho-jun.They are afraid to take me in their companies!"

My father had bad relationships with most of the businessmen.Competition was normal in business but my father,he was on another level.He always wants to be the top and whoever seems like a hindrance to him,he never hesitates to try to ruin them.

"Sometimes I think,it would've been better if I wasn't born." "Then who told you to?"

There he was.Both mom and I stood up from the couch after hearing my father's voice.

"You know what,it wouldn't have been really better if you weren't born."He spoke while walking toward me.

"Ho-jun!" My mother's stern voice echoed in the room."She is your daughter for god sake!"My mother's words didn't affect him as he glared at me.