Chapter 2

Y/n's pov:

*Next morning*

*Beep beep*

The sound of alarm ringing brought me back from my dreamland to reality.I opened my eyes,adjusting them to the daylight after having a good sleep.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand to check the time.8:43 am.That means I slept for almost nine hours.

A yawn escaped my lips as I scrolled through my instagram to check the dms and updates.I legit spent 20 minutes more in the bed,just scrolling down reels.Funny.

When I was about to keep my phone away,an email popped up on the notification bar, making me frown in confusion.It was from the JEON ENT.

I applied in their company for a job almost a month ago.With a shaky hand and a loudly thumping heart inside my ribcage,I clicked on the mail,my breath getting knocked out of my lungs each passing second.

"Hwang Y/n,

We would gladly like to inform you that…"

My already round eyes turned into the size of a ball as I read further down.I got accepted.

They actually accepted my resume and asked me to give an interview.And it was,today!

I jumped down from my bed and ran downstairs to find my mom.Thank god dad wasn't at home,he left for the office at 7:30. 

"MOM!!!" Running down the stairs,I went to the kitchen to find my beautiful mom making breakfast and my younger brother sitting at the dining table who was now eyeing me up and down.

"What happened Y/n?" Mom asked. "Guess what?I got an email from Jeon ent.They asked me to meet for an interview!"

"You got asked for an interview from who?" Her smile dropped.I knew what was the reason.

"From Jeon Ent." "You know your father will be mad if he comes to know about this."

"I know mom,but I can't miss this opportunity." Jeon Ent. was the bestest of best.No one could compete with them.And that was my dad's biggest issue.

He never could outdo them.I also heard from mom that their family and my dad's family had been rivals for a long time.

Whatever,it didn't matter to me.

"It's up to you.As long as you feel okay,I am okay too." I smiled and hugged her. "By the way,the interview is today.I have to get prepared for it.Is the breakfast ready?" 

"Almost.Have a seat with Yuhan."

*At the Jeon Company*

My heart thumped loudly inside my rib cage.It wasn't the first interview I was giving,but I was just as nervous as the first time.

I shouldn't be nervous.I have to be confident.

I made my way toward the reception. "Hello.How can I help you?" The receptionist greeted me. "Hello.I am here for an interview." "For the assistant position of the CEO?" "Yes." "Kindly go to the 13th floor.You'll see other candidates there."

"Okay,thank you." I smiled at her.I made my way toward the elevator.

Reaching the 13th floor,I found 6 more candidates waiting in the lobby.I sat beside one of them.

"Hi.Are you here for the interview too?" The lady beside me spoke.She seemed to be two or three years older than me.

"Yes." I smiled. "Well,I heard the CEO is so unfriendly and rude." She spoke,making me frown my eyes in confusion. "Have you seen him in person or worked with him before?"