Chapter 21

Y/n's pov:

“Oh my god darling, how are you?” Heyoon and Somi burst out as soon as they entered my room like those cute little intruders they were.

“I am so glad you are safe.” Somi came and hugged me. “Me too.” I smiled, still being wrapped in my duvet. “We were so scared after hearing it from Mrs. Hwang.” Heyoon came to hug me from the other side and we stayed like that for a few moments.

“See, what we brought.” They showed me a plastic bag. “Your favorite dumpling from the corner of the street.” “And boba tea from your favorite cafe!” They started unpacking the food one by one.

“Thank you guys, you are the best.” They chuckled and we started eating together. 

“Y/n?” Suddenly mom came, catching our attention. “Yes, mom?” “Your colleagues came to visit you.” I frowned. “Who?” 

“Us Y/n!” I found Mina entering my room from mom's behind, followed by Livi, Taehyung and Jimin. “Oh my god you guys!”

“Yeah, heard everything from Jeon so thought of visiting you.” Taehyung said. “Seems like you already have your friends over, did we disturb you?” Livi asked.

“Oh no, it's fine.” Somi smiled at them. “We already met. So don't worry.” They smiled too. “Okay, you all have fun. I'll take my leave.’ Mom said and walked away.

“How are you feeling now?” Jimin asked as he walked up to me and placed a few bags in front of me. “I am fine and what are these?” I looked up inside those bags, finding various foods.

“Are you guys planning to stuff me with food and kill me?” I asked, utterly shocked. “We heard from Jeon that food cheers you up faster than anything else. So we brought food for you.” I chuckled.

“Thanks.” I smiled for a second before my smile dropped. “He didn't come?” I asked, disheartened that he didn't.

“Jeon? Oh, he wanted to. But suddenly had to leave for Busan after his mother fell sick.” Oh. “How is she now?” “Fine. Let's not worry about that.” I nodded and asked them to have a seat on the couch while Mina and Livi came to sit on the bed.

“Are you really fine now?” Mina asked concerningly. “Of course! You guys brought me food, then how can I not be okay?” They all laughed.

We spent the whole day together and I felt so much better being with them. The only emptiness that bothered me was his. Only if he was here too.

<Two days later>

Coming back to the office after four days felt like I found back my second home. People often complained about the workplace being boring, but mine one made me feel livelier.

“Good morning!” I chirped when I found Mina going somewhere. “Omg good morning! You are back!” I smiled at her enthusiasm. “Yeah, I am back.”

“But weren't you supposed to be on break this week?” I shook my head. “Yeah but I was getting bored at home. I am perfectly fine now so I decided to come back earlier.”

Though I was having nightmares every night, but those were just nightmares. I couldn't let it rule over my life.

“Glad you are okay now. I'll see you around, hmm?” She patted my arm. “Yeah, see you later.” We parted ways as I made my way toward Mr.Jeon's cabin.

“Come in!” He answered after I knocked on the door. “Good morning, Mr.Jeon.” Hearing my voice, he looked up from the papers in his hands, his round eyes shining like pearls.

“Y/n? You?” I shrugged. “Yeah, me with your favorite coffee.” I kept the paper cup on his desk. “Ms. Hwang, I told you to take a rest and not to be here this week. Why are you still here then?” He leaned forward and kept the papers aside.