Chapter 10

Y/n's pov:

“Welcome home sweetheart.” Mom engulfed me in a bone crushing hug as soon as I walked inside the living room.I was finally back to Korea after a business trip of a week and it felt so nice to be home.

“What did you bring for me?” Yuhan popped out from behind,giving me a mischievous smile.

It was Sunday so he didn't have school.It was Sunday,that meant dad was home too.

“I brought Japan's air for you.That's very expensive and I had a hard time fitting it inside my luggage.” I swept my imaginary sweat from my forehead as mom laughed.

“Go and freshen up.I'll set the table till then.” I nodded and headed upstairs.On my way to the room,I crossed paths with dad and none of us spoke to each other.

After lunch,I called Heyoon and Somi and asked them to meet me at Heyoon’s workplace.I had tea to spill.

<->

“You are telling me that that bitch pushed you into the pool and you let her go?” Somi enquired,her death glares boring into my soul. “That's very unlike you,Y/n.” Heyoon stated like a disappointed mother.

“What could I do?I didn't want to create any scene there.” I defended myself. “At least you could have told it to your boss when he asked you.” “Yeah,Somi is right.”

“He got to know it.And probably talked with Ella about it cause when returning, I noticed something odd between them.” Both Somi and Heyoon made an ‘O’ face.

“Your boss is..Amazing.He literally jumped inside the pool to save you!What a K- drama moment!” Somi sighed dreamily. “I know right.” 

“A young billionaire CEO with a dashing, heart stealing look;don't you think it's time to break your ‘Being single’ phase?” Heyoon winked.

“Shut up Heyoon.” I glared at her. “You shut up.” Somi playfully slapped on my hand that was rested on the table. “What's wrong in him?” 

“Umm,I don't know.Maybe because he is my boss.” I shrugged. “So what?Can't the boss and secretary date each other?” 

“Yeah but still, it's kinda odd.And,who made you think a divine human like him would date me?”

“Are you looking down at yourself?” Both of them stared at me as if they were second away to murder me.

“I didn't say that.It's just..Ugh fuck it.” “Y/n-” I looked at Heyoon. “If your boss had feelings for you,would you have dated him?” Two pairs of curious eyes bored into mine.

“Umm..I don't know.Maybe.” Heyoon arched her brow. “I mean,yes he is a gentleman with a hot personality so who wouldn't.” I shrugged.

“Whatever,this ain't happening so let's stop talking about absurd things and make a plan for our next ‘Girls’ day out’."

I diverted their mind to something else and we ended up planning a ‘girls’ weekend’ for us.

<The next day>

“Good morning.” “Morning Ms.Hwang.” I smiled and greeted every staff member back on my way to Mr.Jeon's cabin.

“Good Morning, Ms.Hwang.” Mr.Kim walked toward me with his famous boxy smile that made every woman's heart skip a beat. 

“Good morning Mr.Kim.” “Jeon is waiting for you in his cabin.Go say Hi to that impatient boy.” I chuckled with a nod.We both parted ways and went to our respective places.

“Good morning, Mr.Jeon.” I greeted Mr.Jeon after walking inside of his cabin. “Good morning.” He greeted back in a lazy tone,his eyes stuck into his computer screen.