Chapter 6

Jungkook’s pov:

The sun shone brightly over the city as the people were busy in their own respective work.My cabin was also warm as the big ass glass window provided more lights than I needed.The air conditioner hummed above my head along with the sound of typing keypads.

I went through some pdf files and my finger abruptly clicked on a file that reminded me of my failure;a failure that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

It was the pdf file of the proposal for Akio LTD.I wasn't actually mad because I lost the deal,but I was mad because I was betrayed; betrayed by one of my closest. 

Of course the deal was important but the bitter taste of betrayal was stronger than the taste of defeat.

Who could it be?Taehyung?He won't ever do that.I knew him very well.

Ella?But why would she do such a thing when she was my friend?

Y/n?Everyone was pointing at her.But I had a strong feeling it was not Y/n.And I am sure I wasn't wrong about her.

The bubble of my thoughts popped when a light knock was heard as Y/n walked inside with a coffee cup in her hand after a moment.

She wasn't looking like she usually did.The usual gleam was missing from her face.

What happened to her?

“Your coffee.” I nodded as she kept the cup on my desk.Looking down,I started writing something on papers but looked up after a few seconds when I found Y/n still standing there.

“You want to say something?” She hesitated but nodded. “Go on.” Another nod before she started speaking.

“The deal with Akio LTD was important right?” I stared at her for a moment and gave her a nod.

“But it's gone now.We can do nothing.” I sighed and flipped the papers.

“Why do you ask though?” “Actually..” She hesitated again. “Don't tell me you are blaming yourself for it.I know it wasn't your fault.And I promise I'll find out the real culprit and prove it to whoever thinks you were behind it.”

Something flashed in her bambi eyes at my words.

“You have so much faith in me Mr.Jeon.”

“I do.”

I swore I saw her smiling for a second before she went back to her composed self.

“I want to talk with Mr.Akio.But I can't do it without your permission nor without you.So I came to you.”

I frowned at her sudden demand.Why would she want to meet Akio all of a sudden?

“But why?He already said he won't work with us.” “Because he said Dad- Hwang's company offered them the same proposal in a lesser amount than us.But it's a lie.”

“What do you mean?” “Hwang Ent. doesn't have any proper plan for the project.That will be enough for Mr.Akio to break off the deal with Hwang.”

What?!

“But how do you know this?” “I have proof.” “You do?” “Yes.I had to play the same trick they played with us.” 

I was confused.Was she really Hwang's daughter?How could she be so different from him?

“You yourself said she wasn't one like them.” The voice in my head reminded me.

Of course I knew she was different.But still it never failed to surprise me.

“Okay,if you insist.But don't need to plead if he doesn't want to redo the deal with us.I don't want you to bow down in front of anyone.Doesn't matter if he is a CEO or Cyrus the great of Persia.”