Chapter 20

Jungkook's pov:

Tick..Tock..Tick..Tock..

The clock hanging on the wall in front of me ticked like a time bomb that was about to blast at any moment.

My ears also rang and my heart thumped loudly inside my head as I stared at Y/n who was now tucked under the soft duvet on my bed.

After rescuing her from the abandoned building, I took her to my place and left Yoongi hyung to deal with that bustard. Though I was tempted to take special care of him by myself, but Y/n was my priority at that moment.

The way my heart stopped when she passed out in my arms.

After taking her home, I called Mrs. Kang, one of our family doctors. She said it was the shock that made her pass out. She would be waking up after the effect of the medicine that she gave to her starts to lessen.

But her health condition would depend on her mental health; on how she would be treated.

I sighed and straightened up from the couch before taking a walk around the room. I called Tae hyung after a few minutes.

“Jungkook? Where were you? I have been calling you since the afternoon. What happened? Are you fine? And where is Y/n? She left early today and hasn't contacted yet!” The train of questions trailed off as I scoffed and ran a hand over my face.

“Calm down hyung and let me speak, will you?” “Yeah, sure. I was just worried.”

“Yep. I am fine, don't worry.” “Then why weren't you picking up the phone?” 

“I-..” I looked at Y/n. “I had to go somewhere.” “Where? And why?”

“To save Y/n.” He silenced before speaking again. “What happened to her? Is she okay?”

“For now but I don't know what will happen after she wakes up.” “What actually happened Jeon?” I sighed and explained everything to him.

“This is so fucked up. How is she now?!” “Told you she is sleeping. Will be waking up at any time.”

He hummed. “Take care of her. And contact us before doing anything damn it. Don't just go alone and put yourself in danger.”

“Yeah. Good night to you too.” I hung up and went to sit back on the couch across the bed again. Had enough drama today.

Y/n's pov:

With a heavy head that weighed like a hundred pounds and a heartache, I woke up from a deep slumber and discovered myself in an unknown room. Panic seized over me again as I jolted up and sat up on the bed.

Where am I again?

“You are up!” I looked up and found Jungkook approaching me at a slow pace. “Where are we?” I forced my voice to come out, talking felt so hard at that moment.

“Don't worry.” He came and sat on the edge of the bed, facing me. “We are at my place. You are safe here.” I took a few breaths before nodding.

“How are you feeling now?” He spoke so softly that it made me wanna hug him so tight.

“I… I am good.” I lied.

“Who was he?” He asked hesitatingly. “It's okay if you don't want to talk about it now though.” I shook my head. “Just some crazy stalker I had.” “You had a stalker?” I gave a nod.

“Since when?” “Last few months. He was trying to take revenge for beating him up.” He scoffed. “You beat him up?” I nodded again.

“Don't worry, he is being taken care of. The officer you saw earlier is my close friend. He will make sure that imbecile species gets what he deserves.” He took my hands in his, softly caressing them as if he was scared of hurting me while I stared down at my lap.