Chapter 18

Y/n's pov:

The bone chilling cold of January had never been my favorite unless I could just stay home, wrapped in my duvet in a cute burrito and binge watch my favorite Sherlock Holmes series.

But here I was, walking my way toward the Jeon Ent. building, with the snow fairy dusting her flakes over the city, covering the roads and streets in a large white blanket.

Walking to the office in a weather like this was indeed stupid, but what an unlucky woman could do if she didn't get any uber.

“Should have stayed at home instead,
Y/n.” I rubbed my hands together, trying to keep myself warm.

The office was to start at 9 and it was 8:45 in the morning, and I was about to reach the building in five minutes. So I took my time and enjoyed mother nature though my bones were starting to rattle and reached my destination five minutes prior.

“Good morning.” I greeted the staff on my way as I walked through the tiled hallway. 

A faint ‘Come in’ was heard as I knocked on Jeon’s cabin door before rubbing my hands together once again. The heaters were on around the whole floor but the chill from earlier was still biting my skin.

His gaze landed on me when I stepped inside and he gave a smile that radiated more warmth than the heater could.

Two months had passed since that night, since the night we, kissed. A few things had changed between us since then.

By a few things, I mean Jungkook became more flirtatious than he was, I became shyer around him than I was.

“Good morning.” He greeted me first. “No good morning for you cause I didn't bring your favorite coffee. They are closed for two days.” He silently walked up to me before lifting up his hand, making me frown.

He started ruffling my hair softly and I realized I was covered in snowflakes.

“Leave the coffee and look at you, all covered in snow. Who do you think you are, Elsa or Olaf?” 

My cheeks warmed up when he chuckled at the comparison. “Shut up.” I softly mumbled, my gaze darting around the room but not at him.

 “As much as you look cute covered in snow, I am worried you would get sick. Did you walk instead of getting a cab?” I nodded.

“Couldn't find any so I had to.” He sighed. “You could have called me, sweetheart. I would’ve picked you up on my way here.”

It was unhealthy of him naturally adopting the habit of calling me sweetheart and me naturally accepting and liking that habit of his.

“You better call me next time. I don't want you to fall sick.” I hummed. “Now let's get back to work.”

<->

“Hey, Y/n!” Livi's enthusiastic voice made me look up from my desktop screen and found Mina and Livi approaching me with food.

“Just as I thought.” I didn't know from where Mina arranged two chairs and two of them sat on the two sides of mine.

“It's lunch hour and you are still working.” Mina spoke while holding a spoon full of food in front of my mouth. I awed at her before taking the food inside my mouth.

“Jeon effect. Made this sweet girl a workaholic like him.” Livi nonchalantly stated. “It's not like that, I just have a workload this week that's why my other schedule is messed up.”

“Mhm. Can see that, that's why we came to feed you.” “So sweet of you guys. Thanks.” 

“No need to thank us, sweetheart.” Mina emphasized on the word sweetheart. She once heard Jungkook calling me that and since then hadn't gone a day without teasing me about it.