Chapter 23

Y/n's pov:

Since Jungkook and I unofficially got together, the black telephone nicely resting on my desk had been ringing at least ten times every hour.

Just like that, I had been summoned to his office for god knows what reason.

I wasn’t complaining though.

Who wouldn't love watching the man you like being whipped for you.

The scene in front of me just blessed my eyes after I entered his cabin.

A concentrated Jungkook was furiously typing on his laptop while glaring at the screen. His tousled hair, rolled up sleeves revealing his forearms rivaled the hotness of the sun.

“Ahem…You called me?” I found my voice to speak up instead of ogling Jungkook. “Oh, yes. Can you come and look at this? I can't find what's wrong here.”

“Sure. Don't worry.” I walked up to his desk as he gave me enough space to stand beside him and take a look at his pc screen.

I felt his gaze burning my skin while I checked what was wrong. Crimson spread my cheeks as the room temperature suddenly rose up.

Did nobody turn on the AC?

“Done.” I straightened up, stepping aside. “Oh, thanks.” He took a look. “I must have been so stressed to not notice the mistake.”

“Yep. I'll leave if you don't need anything else.” I turned around to leave but was stopped the next second as he held my wrist.

Goosebumps rose over my body as his touch burned on my skin like a fire.

“Umm… Can I ask you something?” I turned to him again, slowly giving a nod. “Are you free this Monday?” I thought for a second before nodding again. We would be having a day off this Monday, so I had nothing to do.

“Well…” He scratched the back of his neck with another hand. “Will you…” He paused again.

“Will I?”
“Will you go on a date with me?”

He stared at me in hope while I stared at him in disbelief. He didn't just ask me on a date!

“Are you asking me on a date in the office?” “Yeah.” He chuckled awkwardly.

“Who asks someone on a date at the workplace?!”

“I can go to your place and ask you there too if you want.” Here comes back the sassy Jungkook.

“Sure, you would.”

“So.. Will you?”

I loosened my hand from his grip and walked toward the door without answering. Opening the door, I looked back, watching him stare at me hopelessly.

“Is 10 am okay for you?” “Huh?” He frowned before his eyes lit up in realization.

“As you wish.” We smiled at each other before I walked out of the door.

<->

Days passed in a blink of an eye as Monday rolled in quicker than I expected.

The chilling weather of February made me want to sleep but I was excited to go on my very first date with Jungkook.

I dragged myself out of the blanket, took a shower and got ready within an hour.

I looked at myself in the mirror, checking if everything was alright before checking my phone.

A smile tugged on my lips at the text I received from Jungkook.

Jungkook:
You ready?