Chapter 15

Jungkook's pov:

The pulsating rhythm of the music enveloped me as I stepped into the grand ballroom,where the annual function of my company was in full swing.Colored lights danced across the ceiling,casting an ethereal glow over the gathering.Laughter and chatter filled the air,mingling with the clinking of glasses and the occasional burst of applause.

My eyes scanned the room,taking in the lively scene before me.Co-workers mingled effortlessly,their faces illuminated by smiles.The air was thick with anticipation,fueled by the promise of a night filled with revelry and celebration.

My gaze landed on the makeshift stage at the far end of the room,where the staff had arranged for a fun event to kick off the festivities—a dance competition.A surge of excitement coursed through me as I watched the eager participants gather,their enthusiasm infectious.

This dance event was arranged every year but never attracted me enough to participate.Or could say the lack of a perfect dance partner never made me think of participating.

“Mr.Jeon,good evening!” One of our biggest clients,Mr.Sakurazaki approached me with a wide smile and engulfed me into a bone crushing hug when I was in his vicinity.

“Good evening Mr.Sakurazaki.I am glad you made it to the party.” The man was highly self conscious and egoistic,he didn't attend or even had a talk with the people he didn't like.Those who even got to land an email in his inbox considered themselves the privileged one.

But man vibrated with anticipation whenever he was near people approved by him and not to mention,I was one of those few chosen people.

“How could I possibly miss it?” He released me after a long minute and grinned.

“I am in Korea and I will miss my best boy's invitation?Never.”

I smiled. “I am honored.” I stopped a waiter passing by and handed him a drink while getting one for myself.He giggled and took the glass as we clinked the glasses before taking a sip.

“If you don't mind Imma excuse me then.” I said politely. “Sure sure!Go ahead.” “Enjoy the party.” I gave a nod before walking deeper into the mild crowd.

“Jeon!” My name being called caught my attention as I smiled when I saw Tae hyung,Jimin hyung waving at me to join them at the bar section.Beside them,Ella was having a drink who seemed to straighten up her posture and run a hand through her hair before smiling at me.

“What?” I asked when I settled myself on the empty stool beside Jimin hyung. “What what?We called you to join us.Let's have a drink together.” Jimin hyung offered me a drink.

“Sorry,already had one.Gotta stay sober.” Both of my friends scowled as if I threw two weeks unwashed socks at them.

“Come on man!Don't be an ass and have some fun.Tonight is for enjoying and not worrying about work or stuff.” “Taehyung is right.The night is still young,enjoy!”

I ignored and rolled my eyes.“I still have to mingle with more than half of the guests here, brothers.I can't lose myself.”

They both mumbled something to themselves which wasn't anything near good of course.

“By the way,this year's gala is different.” Ella spoke up,catching our attention. “Yeah,the dark Academia vibe is soul soothing.” Tae hyung said. “Of course it is for you.You are a sucker for these types of aesthetic after all.”

We all laughed while Tae hyung rolled his eyes before gulping down his rest of the drink.

“I loved it though,honestly.” Ella exclaimed. “Credit goes to Y/n.She was the one to suggest this idea.And from contacting the event planner to observing the details,she handled it all by herself.”