Chapter 27

Jungkook's pov:

The clock hit midnight as I made my way to my room, getting ready to get some sleep. My back hit the soft mattress, a satisfying sigh leaving my mouth.

After the long, blissful day, all I needed was sleep before starting the week with a full spirit. I was half asleep when my phone suddenly rang, the loudness eating up the silence.

“Who is it?” I sat up before taking the phone from the night stand. My eyes flew open as sleep evaporated into thin air, when I saw the caller ID.

Y/n, why was she calling me late at this hour? Was everything okay? Was she sick? Did she get hurt?

Darkness engulfed me, as I shook it off and answered the call. “Y/n? Is everything okay?” 

Silence stretched over the phone on the other side, making me think it was an accidental call before the sound of sniffling reached my ear.

“Sweetheart, are you okay? Speak to me.” I heard her exhaling a shaky breath before she sniffled again. “Can you come to me now?” Her voice broke but she managed to say a full sentence before a tiny sob broke through.

“Please.” I was already halfway out of my room with my car keys before the word please left her mouth. “I'll be there in ten minutes. Stay on the call.” I demanded, earning a hum from her in response.

“Can you bring beer on your way? I ran out of it.” She spoke softly and I could imagine the sad small pout of her lips. “What happened?” I started the car and hit the road.

“I'll tell you once you come.” I sped up, wanting to cross the distance as soon as I could. “Sure. But let me know if I need to murder anyone.” She chuckled. “You might have to kill more than one if I speak up.” Her hoarse voice wobbled.

“And I would gladly do it, you just need to say the names you know.” She sniffled again. “I know.” She whispered through the phone, my heart clenching at the pain lying beneath her calm voice.

“Don't come from the front door. Pull over at the back of the house. You have to climb over the fence to get inside through the backdoor.” Noted.

“I informed Yuhan. Just knock twice and he will open the door for you.” Even if she was sad, my girl was still smart enough to plan for me to sneak up to her house.

Rage flew through my blood, turning my vision crimson at the thought of her being in pain. I shook it off and reached her place in eight minutes. I didn't know how many speed limits I broke but I would take care of that later.

As instructed, I knocked twice on the back door after climbing over the fence and crossing through the backyard.

Yuhan opened the door in a second, his eyes betraying any emotion. “Noona’s room is on the second floor, climb up the stairs and turn right, the first room is hers.” I nodded and mumbled a ‘Thanks’ to him before rushing my way up to her room.

I lightly knocked on the door before going inside and locking the door behind. Y/n sat on the floor as she leaned against the bed, facing the glass door separating the balcony.

I walked up to her and sat on the floor, making her look at me. Her eyes were swollen as redness spread around her eyes and nose, making the earlier rage return in a wave.

“You came.” She spoke, her voice hoarse. “You called.” She stared at me for a second before hugging me. “I knew you would come.” She mumbled, her face resting on my chest as her voice pierced my heart like a thousand knives.

“I had to.” How could I not come when she herself asked me to? “Now tell me what happened, sweetheart. Who made you cry?” I ran my fingers through her hair, keeping my voice as soft as possible.