Chapter 30

Y/n's pov:

“So you won't meet with us today?” Heyoon's sad voice echoed over the phone as Somi's puppy eyes flashed over the screen. I put on my sunflower earrings before facing the girls. We were on Facetime and they were planning to have a girls weekend date but unfortunately I had a date with Jungkook today.

“Sorry girls but you should have asked me earlier.” I set my hair down, brushing my hands over the soft curls. “Would you have canceled your date with Jungkook then?”

“Well…” I pretended to think for a few seconds before answering. “Nope.” I laughed when they rolled their eyes. “As if we didn't know.”

“But next week I promise!” I assured them. “Promise? Do not cancel on us for your boyfriend. I know he is handsome and too irritatingly romantic but we came in your life before him.” Somi warned, her cute glares burning hole through the phone's screen.

“I promise!” They nodded. “Okay then, you are ready so you must be leaving in a minute or few. Be safe out there and tell us where he takes you. Bye.” We hung up before I dialed Jungkook's number.

“I was about to call you. I am in front of your house, sweetheart.” I checked from my balcony as his car came into view. “Why don't you come in?” I offered as I put the phone on speaker and wore my brand new shoe.

“Your father? Won't he get super mad and combust if I go inside?” I chuckled. “Don't worry, he is out of the city. You can come inside.”

“Umm.. Thanks but some other day. Now tell me do I need to take a nap till you come down or go buy lunch for us?” He joked, his teasing smile clearly visible in my mind. I turned off the loudspeaker before taking my bag and phone and leaving.

“It's not lunch time and no, you don't need to take a nap. I am already downstairs.” I waved mom a bye as she yelled ‘Be safe’.

“Now look down from the sky.” He looked down before straightening up. He hung up the call as I walked to him. “You look pretty.” His eyes lit up as he scanned me from head to toe.

I was wearing a simple sundress, but I could be wearing a dinosaur onesie and he still would call me pretty. “You look handsome too.” He smiled at my compliment before opening the car door for me as we both hopped in before driving away.

<->

“You still haven't told me where we are going.” He had been driving for almost an hour now so we were obviously going out of the city. “Surprise surprise.” He gave me a smile.

“Oh come on, please tell me. Are we going to meet someone?” I asked when he didn't budge at my nagging. “Yep.” He pressed his lips on a thin line after uttering the word, looking unnecessarily too adorable.

“You won't give me a straight answer then?” He shook his head, smiling ear to ear as he was definitely having fun in testing my patience.

“You will find out sweetheart. Have patience.” He placed his one hand on mine as he drove with the other one.

“You are setting my expectations high, you know. It better be somewhere big.” I joked too. It didn't matter where he took me cause anywhere with him was like a paradise to me.

He smiled and pulled my hand to press a kiss on the back. “You might want to brace yourself then.”

<->

“So, what are we doing in Busan?” I asked when he parked the car. The city outside vibrated with enthusiasm, filling my soul with hope.

“We are gonna visit my family.” My eyes widened. “We are what?” He smiled awkwardly at my question. “Sorry I didn't tell you. I should have but I wanted to keep it a surprise.” He admitted, his expression nervous. “Hope you wouldn't mind at this abrupt meeting.”