Chapter 28

Jungkook's pov:

My Chelsea boots fell soft on the dark tiled floor as the scent of cinnamon and citrus filled my lungs when I stepped inside the twelve story building.

I was in the headquarter of Ahn corporation, for an important meeting of course. I wasn't rude enough to show up uninvited in someone’s workplace. House was an exception; it was only when I needed to pay someone a surprise visit.

“Good morning.” The receptionist on the main floor greeted when I passed through her. “Mr. Ahn was waiting for you.” I nodded with a faint smile before she led me toward Ahn Jung Hyun's cabin.

“Good morning, Mr.Jeon. What a pleasure to have you in my office. I am honored.” I scoffed at the irony lying beneath his words.

“Can't say the same.” If I didn't like anyone, I made it damned sure they knew it. “Why did you need to see me? We don't have that type of relationship where we meet and greet occasionally.” I straight cut to the point.

I was already walking on thin line after knowing he was the one Y/n was supposed to get engaged to. Now a meeting with him was provoking enough to commit a murder. 

“We can get there if you try.” He gestured at one of the empty chairs. “Have a seat first.” I tsked before dropping onto the chair.

“Tea or coffee? Or do you prefer alcohol?” Mf was playing with my patience. “Cut straight to the point, Ahn. I don't have time to play fool here.” 

“Okay okay.” He raised up his hands in the air before dropping them. He shoved a file towards me, earning a frown.

“The Heungnam tower, sign it under our name.” I scoffed again, amused by his audacity. “I thought the CEO dealt with this matter.” His father, Ahn Min Hyun tried to negotiate about this a year ago. I strictly said no but here they were again.

“He did, now I am in charge.” I shrugged. “Doesn't matter. My answer remains the same. No.” Red painted his face before he regained his composure.

“Come on Jeon, you have plenty of places to shift. The Heungnum tower is getting in our way so why don't we settle into an agreement?” I sighed. Why did most people can't understand the meaning of ‘No’?

“No, no and no. I wouldn't move the tower to a different location and I wouldn't settle into any kind of agreement. Hope I am clear this time.” Jung Hyun scoffed before shaking his head.

“Fine. You can keep the tower. Consider it as a condolence gift from me.” I frowned again. “Meaning?” 

“Meaning you get to keep the tower while I get to keep your girl.” Blood roared in my ears at the mention of Y/n. I stayed silent, making sure not to get up and strangle Jung Hyun with the ugly tie he was wearing. 

“It's unprofessional to bring up personal matters in business meetings but what do you know about professionalism again.” I smirked when his face slashed red.

“You are confident enough to think you are gonna get Y/n. But let me remind you something, she is not a toy or object that you can possess.” He laughed. “Her father thinks otherwise. That's why he is literally selling her to me.” One day, I was gonna kill both Ho Jun and Jung Hyun.

“He is a bastard. It's not Y/n’s fault she was born to him. And, you think I'll let it happen?” “Let happen what?”

“The wedding. You are a womanizer, you think you could hide your notorious character behind the mask of innocence?” Another laugh erupted from his chest.

“The engagement is in two weeks.” “The engagement, not the wedding.”

“That will happen too, don't worry.” “Yeah and that’s what is called delusion. Keep dreaming.” I stood up and walked out of the door, leaving a baffled Jung Hyun behind.