.15- Leaving?.

I got home at the early hours of the day, worn out, and saddened. Why would my sister think of me that way? Why would Mario say such things? I sigh as I walk towards the gates.

Mushroom people surrounded the gates. "Princess! You're back! Wait, where is Princess Peach?" A child mushroom asked.

"I came home. I give up," I sighed out, tears wanting to spill.  "But you can't give up!" The little one persisted. "But I did. Excuse me," my voice cracked as I walked into the castle.

...

When I said I gave up, I really meant it. I gave up to the point where I was packing a bag to leave. I didn't even hear the cheering when my sister got back.

"N/N? Why are you packing?" I dismissed her with my hand. "I'm going back home. Where I belong. The only place I belong." I mutter, emphasising 'I' and 'only'. "But you--"

"No, I don't! You told Mario about how I was before, when I was little. When I tried rescuing you the first time. Yeah, I almost got killed and have the scars to prove it, but I learned from that, Peach!"

"I'm-"

"If you were sorry you wouldn't have told them. And if he actually cared," I yanked my suitcase off my bed. "He wouldn't have been so rude." I was angry-sobbing at this point. "Move." Anger laces my voice.

Peach throws her arms around me. "No. Don't leave again. Please." I started sobbing again. "There, there."

...

Peach left me alone for the day to calm down, but I heard a knock, and knew it had to be him.