Chapter 2 (who done it?)

(Amber's POV)

I didn't wanna be at school today, honestly, but Tara has been in surgery all night, and they made it mandatory that every student showed up because the sheriff was questioning.

Tara's mom wasn't in town, and that was the only person she lived with, I hated the thought of her being alone in this.

[In the Senior court yard]

"So sorry you have to be here today, Amber." Mindy said.

I just nodded.

"So the sheriff is really questioning everybody, huh?" Chad said.

"She's been through this before, that's why, plus it's mandatory for situations like this." Wes explained.

"I really wonder who would've done this." I mumbled.

"They say it's always someone you know." Mindy replied. "Or THINK you know." She added.

"Which makes Amber the number one suspect." Wes added on.

"Dude." Chad said, "Fuck is wrong with you?"

"I'm her girlfriend fuckface." I replied. "And I'm NOT the only person she knows."

"Hmm but you were on the phone with her...and I mean Billy Loomis was Sidney's boyfriend and he still went after her."

"It's a good thing I'm not Billy Loomis." I said in a snappy tone.

"You sure you and Tara have been doing ok? No arguments recently?" Wes questioned.

"Amber was at her own house Wes." Liv interjected.

"Doesn't matter there's always two k*llers." He said.

"False." Mindy corrected, "Roman Bridger did it all on his own when he went after Sidney, so there could be one or a number of killers."

Wes raised his hands, "Look, all I'm saying is it's not looking good for you, Freeman." He said, looking at me.

"What about you, you fucking weirdo, you've been obsessed with Tara since forever and she's done nothing but shut you down." I snapped.

"Ooooo." The group said in response and looked at Wes.

"I'm the sheriff's son." He replied.

"Then I guess that could make you AND your mom a suspect. She's a part of the law system. She could help you get away with murder."

"Eek, got'em." Mindy said, scooting away from Wes.

"I mean, like you said, there's always two killers, right?" I said to Wes.

"Miss Freeman." The deputy said while walking up to us, "it's time for your questioning."

[In the school office]

I sat in the chair across from the principal and the sheriff along with the deputy.

"Amber, nobody is saying you did anything. We just want a statement of where you were last night." Sheriff Judy said.

"I was at my house, I took a shower around 8:00 pm, then I got a text from Tara."

"And Tara is your significant other?" The detective interjected.

"Yes, but I would never hurt her. I swear it." I could feel the judgmental eyes on me, and I could feel my own tearing up.

"Tara texted me last night, we were making plans to watch a movie at her house on Friday. She kept breaking away from our texts because the landline kept ringing."

The detective wrote my statements down, nodding for me to continue.

"She told me she was scared and that he threatened her, then he threatened me when he spoke to her...I could hear her security system arming and disarming like somebody hacked it."

"Hacked?" The sheriff asked.

"That's the only thing I could think of when I asked her why it kept doing that. I got in my car and made it halfway down the street when I heard Tara screaming on the phone. At that point, I had already called the police."

After my questioning, I was able to leave, I drove to the hospital, and the nurse let me in to see Tara. The way she looked horrified me. She looked sickly almost.

"Hey baby." I said.

She was laying down and gave me a weak smile, "Hey."

"I'm so sorry I couldn't get there faster." I said.

"I was so scared." She cried.

I laid on the empty space in the bed and carefully wrapped my arms around her.

"I know. I'm sorry."

We laid there a while before she said, "I hated being here alone. My mom called me, but that was all."

"No offense, but fuck her... seriously." I said while playing with her hair.

"Are you gonna leave me?" She said

"I'm one of the only visitors that can stay because you don't have anybody here, so no." I replied.

After about 20 more minutes, the rest of the group came in, and we all hung out for a while.

All of a sudden, a girl that looked similar to Tara, but taller, walked in. Sam. Sam was Tara's older sister... and I wasn't too fond of her.

"Hi." Sam said to me.

"Hi." I replied with a forced smile.

"You came." Tara said to Sam.

"Of course I did." Sam replied.

Gosh, I guess I'm gonna have to get used to her presence now.