Chapter 6 (Motive)

{Amber's POV}

We made it to the kitchen to the kitchen when I collapsed.

"Don't keep running, just stay here." Sam said. "I'll be back."

I then fell slowly to the floor. The impact of the shot was really hitting, I'm not sure it went clean through.

I heard struggling from the other room.

"Gale!" Sidney yelled. "She's not dead." Sidney cried in disbelief. Gale must've been unconscious.

Sam screamed. It wasn't an angry scream but a scream of pain.
Wes dragged Sidney into the room and slammed her against the refrigerator. She passed out.

To my very own surprise, Richie dragged Sam into the room with a gun to her head. I tried to turn to run, but not before Wes stabbed me in my side.

I yelped and leaned against the counter.

Richie laughed. "SURPRISE!"

I looked at Richie in disbelief. We were just in the car with him. Then again, I suspected him from the start.

"I can't believe you." Sam said, getting off the floor.

"The fuck do you MEAN." Richie said still pointing the gun at her. "Dewey nailed it in one DUDE NEVER trust the love interest are you fucking stupid?"

"Why are you doing this?" I said. My voice came out shaker than intended.

"There's always motive isn't there Richie?" Wes said.

"Yeah, yeah there is." He said looking at Sam.

She had a murderous hatred in her eyes.

"But what if there were two motives?" Richie suggested as he put the gun under Sam's chin.

I examined her with my poor vision. She had been stabbed at least twice.

"Why don't you just get to the fucking point?" She said out of breath.

"Well the point would be killing you." Richie replied. "I don't think you want that."

She stared at him with hatred as he continued. "Wes and I had two different goals, but we realized that going with the same plan could help us achieve those. The last few stab movies SUCKED. I wanted a better ending."

"What fucking ending?" I said.

Whilst still pointing the gun at Sam Richie slapped the counter. "I AM SOO glad you asked Amber. See what better ending would there be than to have the original serial killer's daughter come back for revenge over the death of her father. Once we finish killing everyone here,  we gotta go to the hospital to make sure Dewey doesn't pull through."

"You're psychotic." Sam said.

"And you aren't?" Richie asked. "Visions of a dead dad, you're the POSTER child for being psychotic SAMANTHA!" He yelled at her.

"Me, on the other hand, I had an entirely different motive." Wes said,   changing the subject. "Good old-fashioned revenge." He said, lifting my chin with a knife.

"Is it because I said your shirt didn't match your shoes in second grade?" I said in a snarky whisper, still holding my side.

"Actually, it was because of Tara." Wes responded.

"Tara?" I responded, looking at him with rage. "What about Tara? WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" I demanded.

"One question at a time." He laughed. "Tara's not dead...yet. She made a mistake choosing you over me. You got the girl THAT I HAVE LOVED SINCE FOREVER!" He yelled.

"OH CRY ME A FUCKING RIVER!" I snapped back.

"FUCK YOU!" He yelled.

"WES!" Richie yelled. "Don't let her get you emotional. Go get Tara. Let's get this show on the road."

Wes went out looking for Tara.

"I'm gonna kill your baby sister, and you're gonna WATCH." Richie said to Sam.

"You're not gonna do a fucking thing." Sam said in a shaky voice.

I looked over and noticed Sidney was gone. She must've snuck away and they hadn't noticed.

"Uhh, where is she?" Wes said, walking back into the kitchen.

I had moved up slowly inching to the exit, then stopped when I saw him. "WHERE IS SHE?!" He yelled at me.

The phone was ringing then, Wes answered. "Who is this!?" He demanded.

"Take a guess." A deep voice replied.

"Sidney."

"Correctt, for your information, I untied the girl." Sidney said.
Wes raged and hung up. When he turned around, I was right behind him.

"I wanna make a movie of my own." I said. Wes looked at me confused.
"I'm gonna call it scream."

I distracted him long enough for Sidney to sneak in and shoot him with her last bullet.

Richie tried to fire his gun at Sam, but it clicked. Sam smirked. Richie then ran upstairs, and Sam followed.

Gale came behind me. "Tara's in the hall bathroom." she whispered.

I was about to go get her, and then I stopped when I saw Wes getting up.

"GO!" Sidney said.

"We got this one." Gale added.

I walked as fast as I could out of the room, searching for Tara.

{Sam's POV}

I followed Richie upstairs. He had a knife, and I had nothing.
He jumped at me, and we wrestled on the floor.

"I can't believe I get to kill you." He said excitedly while choking me on the floor. "I'm so sorry, Sam,  but you gotta die. Those are the rules."

I noticed a knife on the floor and grabbed it before he could've noticed.

"I'd like to add another rule." I said.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Don't fuck with a real psycho and think you have a chance at winning."

He looked confused still and right then I stabbed him through his head.

Once I pulled my knife out, I got on him and stabbed him repeatedly. The energy I got from it was exhilarating.

"WAIT." He cried, choking on his blood. "What about...my ending?"

"You want your ending?" I whispered. "Here's your ENDING!" I said.

I then sliced his throat slowly and stood up.

Sidney and Gale came running behind me.

"What happened to Wes?" I asked.

"He's taken care of." Gale replied.

"Careful they're never really gone." Sidney said, handing me the gun.

I took a shot at his head and handed it back.

"Never trust the love interest, got it." I said.

Sidney and Gale looked at me with sorrow.

{Amber's POV}

I could hear Tara crying in the bathroom.

"Tara, it's me." I said. "Open up."

"No, no, don't kill me please." She said.

"It's not me." I pleaded.

She cried, I could hear her little squeaks, she was petrified.

"It's not me, I promise."

She opened the door slowly and I walked in and held her.

We sat on the bathroom floor in each other's arms until we heard sirens.