Chapter 4 (on the move)

[Amber's POV]

Since Tara was attacked a few days ago, her hospital stay had been lengthened. She was st*bbed two times.

I held her hand while laying next to her.

"I'm so sorry I left. The police swore they would stay." I said.

"Don't feel bad love." Tara said softly.
Tara was still slightly upset with Sam for what she kept from her. I could see that on Tara's face as Sam walked in.

"Hear her out." I told Tara.

I walked out to go see how Dewey was doing.

"Hey, Sheriff." I said.

"Ex Sheriff." Dewey laughed.

"You'll always be Sheriff to me, sir."

"Thanks, Amber." He replied.

"So how are you holding up?" I asked, sitting in the chair near his bed.

"Still alive." He said.

We talked a little more, and then I went to the front desk to ask them for more blankets for Tara.

"Hi there." a familiar voice said behind me, familiar because I've heard it on television.

I turned around.

"Gale Weathers?" I asked.

"Yes, and you must be Amber." She replied, shaking my hand.

"Yea - yeah, I am." I said nervously.

"I just wanted to thank you, Dewey means a lot to me, and it could've been the end right there." She said.

"I'm sorry he's even involved. You all have been through this enough." I said.

Then my eyes shifted to the door. Another familiar famous face.

"Hey Gale, I came as soon as I heard." Sidney said.

Sidney and Gale hugged before Gale introduced me to Sidney.

"This is Amber, the girl who saved Dewey."

Just then, Sidney walked up to me and hugged me.

"You have no idea how much this means to us." She said as she pulled away.

"Actually I do, my uh- my girlfriend Tara, she was attacked... most likely by the Sam person who went after Dewey while he was saving Tara."

"I'm so sorry." Sidney replied.

Sam walked up behind me. She looked terrified to be in Sidneys presence.

There was a moment of silence as Sidney studied Sam, I'm guessing the familiarity of Sam's face was a lot to take in.

It seemed Sam became uncomfortable with the ongoing silence because she said, "Sidney, I'm - I'm sorry I'm -"

"Billy's Daughter." Sidney interjected.

"Yeah."

"Don't apologize. You didn't do anything." Sidney said.

"How did you know about Sam?" I asked.

"Gale told me." Sidney said.

I turned to Sam. "You told Gale?"
"I told Dewey and Gale when I asked for Dewey's help." Sam said.

"Sidney, I apologized because I understand if you hate me." Sam continued.

"Hate you?" Sidney said. " You're not going to be held accountable for his actions." Sidney said before hugging Sam.