Chapter 9 (Quality Time)

>Tara's POV<

We all sat to the table and ate our pizza together. Sam would come home to this little slumber party in like 20 minutes.

"Tara, what kind of ice cream flavors do you have?" Liv asked.

"You name it, I most likely got it." I replied.

"Tara collects ice cream for a living." Chad informed Liv.

"Oh, HA HA." I said, laughing and rolling my eyes before getting up.

"Hey you. Where are you goin?" Amber said, finishing her pizza.

"To the deep freezer, the ice cream is in there."

"I'll help." She said.

"We should all help, Tara has a LOT." Mindy said.

"What are you all getting at here?" I joked, squinting my eyes. "I guess I can't help that my house is the most fun." I said smugly.

"You see that Amber?" Mindy asked.

"What?" Amber said.

"Her head."

I tilted my head confused.

"What about it?" Amber asked.

Mindy replied sarcastically, "it's getting big. Stop spoiling her."

Amber giggled and shook her head.
I threw napkins at Mindy, and we all cracked a laugh before going to get the ice cream.

We all got flavors we wanted and sat down in the living room. Chad sat on the love seat with Liv, Mindy at the front of the TV, and I lay in a beanbag with Amber.

"Tara, you have the softest blankets." Liv said.

"I told ya'll my house is the most fun." I said.

The group rolled their eyes but agreed. Teeheee.

"So we're watching a movie before games?" Amber asked.

"Yep." Mindy said. "Change of plans."

"We better still get to play games." Chad said.

"I promised you, so yes, we will." Mindy replied, annoyed.

We watched an Adam Sandler movie and had a tremendous laugh together before we got the games out and started playing.

"Uno!" Chad said.

Amber and I already lost, so we were playing the 'sorry' board game with Liv while watching them.

"No way you're gonna beat me at uno." Mindy said.

"Ohh yes way."

They played for 5 more minutes before Mindy put a card down.

"Uno!" She yelled.

"Out!" Chad said smugly.

"NOOOOO!"

"And you just think you're so unbeatable." Chad said.

"You beat me one time." Mindy replied.

Mindy brought a lot of games that night, and we stayed up until at least 10pm playing.

"Hey kids, wanna wrap it up?" Sam said, peering from the living room entrance. "School tomorrow."

We all groaned and started cleaning up. We set up sleeping areas and decided to sleep in the living room.

Mindy stole the bean bag so Amber and I got on the couch and released the footrest.

>11pm<

>Amber's POV<

Tara got up to use the bathroom. It was the close one downstairs, so I didn't follow. I just stayed up until she came back.

Once she laid down, we were face to face. I placed my hand on her face and ran my thumb along her cheek.

"Tonight was fun." I whispered.

"Yeah, maybe proof that we can be normal again." She replied in a hushed voice.

"Yeah, hopefully. We should do this on a Friday next time." I suggested.

"Yeah, still gonna be fun to go to school together tomorrow." Tara said.

"Yeah, better than leaving out of the door alone." I whispered back.

I kissed her slowly before stroking her face again gently. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the ice cream monster bite." She replied.

"You're precious." I laughed before closing my eyes.

School tomorrow. Was I ready? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe my friends will help make this a better experience.