Chapter 11 (2am thoughts)

>Amber's POV<

It was 2am, and it was raining outside. I was still at Tara's house, and we were lying in her bed. I let her be big spoon this time, and she fell fast asleep with her little arm around me.

I was looking out of her window from the bed thinking about my first day back and how it went. Tara played it off at school, but I feel like I disappointed her more than she showed. I just felt guilty.

Suddenly, there was movement behind me. Tara sat up and leaned over me, examining me with tired eyes.

"What are you doing up?" She said in her sleepy voice.

"I could ask you the same thing?" I mumbled, turning my head to look back at her.

She laughed and leaned down, burying her face in my neck and kissing me. It tickles when she does that, I couldn't help but blush.

"You should go to sleep, bub." She whispered before kissing my face.

"I can't." I replied.

Her lips were at my ear now, and with a concerned voice, she asked, "Why?"

"I'm sorry about today." I said in a low tone.

"Don't be sorry."

" I'm just- I know what your intentions are here with trying to do normal things, but I can't. All I want to do is sleep. I keep having nightmares about what happened, I don't know if I'll ever feel normal or if it'll take time." I said.

"Amber -"

"And I'm sorry if I hurt you, I don't want what happened to change us. You make me the happiest, I don't wanna lose you because of my dumb healing process." I said.

"You didn't hurt me, and you will not LOSE me. I'm sorry if I guilt tripped you or made you feel bad. Truth is, I'm not ready either. I have a tendency to block out traumas instead of actually healing. You're right. We just need more time." She said.

I turned over, so I was facing her.

"I really love you, little bear." I said

"I really love you rosy face." She said, queuing yet another blush sequence from me. She noticed and giggled.

"So we're good?" I asked.

"Of course." She said before scooting closer to hug me.

God, was I glad I could get that off of my chest. Never felt the need to bottle my feelings around her, I just suck at expressing myself. Tara is very sweet and understanding, I just over-complicate and overthink everything.

She fell back asleep shortly. I looked at her sweet face, and she looked genuinely peaceful. I gave her lips a soft kiss before closing my eyes and finally falling asleep.

I wonder what tomorrow will hold.