Chapter 16 (coffee)

[I will be writing another wattpad story, my rendition of scream 6 based on this story featuring Tamber. I hope you all will read. I may possibly time jump in this story. And this isn't the last chapter of this book :)]

>Amber's POV<

I got on my laptop early to get my school work out of the way. Tara was lying asleep next to me for a while. By the time she woke up, I was finishing up.

She had her eyes barely opened but I could tell she was examining me and what I was doing.

"Hey you, I know you're up." I said and poked her cheek.

"That was supposed to be a secret." She mumbled into her pillow.

I put my laptop aside, laid down, and wrapped my arm around her.

"How did you sleep?" I asked.

"Toooo good." She responded.

"You snored a little this time." I said, teasing her.

"It only happens when I sleep hard." She said, rubbing her eye.

"Gimme a kiss." I demanded.

"Nooo." She said, putting her hands over her mouth and rolling over.

I leaned over her, trying to move her hands. "What do you mean no? Come here."

"I gotta brush my teeth." She said.

"Just a little one." I said.

"Nooo."

"It's not that bad." I giggled.

She shook her head with her hands over her mouth.

"Cheek kiss." I insisted.

She nodded. I kissed her cheek and then let her get up to brush her teeth. She came back after a little bit.

"You want some breakfast?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure." I replied, putting away my school stuff.

We ate breakfast around 9am and then came upstairs to get ready for the day.

I put on some dark blue jeans and a black tube top because I just didn't feel like it today, honestly.

"I wanna match a little." She said, putting on a pink tube top and blue jeans.

"You look adorable." I said. "Lemme braid your hair."

I gave her hair two braids and fixed her bangs, perfect hairstyle with her outfit.

"Where should we go today?" She asked.

"Coffee shop, we can go over to Mindy and Chad's later." I replied.

"Yeah, let's take the morning for us." She said.

I helped her into the car and drove us to Terry's Coffee shop. We went in and sat in a booth next to each other.

"What do you want? I'm paying." I insisted.

"You don't have to pay for my stuff." Tara replied.

"Let me spoil you, have what you want today." I said.

"You sure?" She said timidly.

"One hundred percent."

"Hmm, maybe the baby cinnamon donuts since we just ate at home, anddd a hazelnut coffee." She said

I ordered the same, and the waiter brought our order after some minutes.

As we were eating, I asked. "So, how are you lately? I mean, I know we've been having fun, but do you ever think about it?"

"Of course I think about it." She said.

I looked down.

"It's ok, it's not gonna go away overnight." She said.

"I just wanted to check on you. You smile a lot, but I just wanted to be sure ya know." I said.

"It's cuz you're a perfect girlfriend." She complemented.

I kissed her cheek. "So are you."

"So where do you plan on going for college?" She asked.

"University in New York, hopefully." I replied.

"I applied there, I hope I get accepted." She said.

"You're smart, you will, bear." I said, pinching her cheek gently.

We finished our food and got ready to leave for Chad and Mindy's for the rest of the day.