Chapter 25 (apartment attack)

>Sam's POV<

We were talking in the kitchen collectively when Anika called us all into the living room.

"What's wrong?" Tara asked in a worried voice.

I looked at the screen. I was a headline on the news. Where were these rumors coming from? I don't know. At this point, I was over it.

I went back into the dining room alone, embarrassed, and sat in there for a moment.

>Tara's POV<

"We should go talk to her." Mindy said.

"No, no, just... more than anybody I need to talk to her first. I owe her a big apology." I said and looked at Chad.

He winked.

I went into the dining room to see my sister crying at the table.

>Sam's POV<

Tara came in and sat next to me.

"I'm sorry I've been the way I've been to you." She whispered.

"It's okay." I cried into my hands.

"No, it's not." She said. "You remember the day you came home from in the rain, and I came in the room and laid next to you, and we went to sleep." She said.

"You remember that?" I half smiled.

"Yeah, because back then, I was a good sister." She said.

"You're still a good sister." I said.

"No, you are. I've been a bitch and brat and I'm sorry. I just didn't know how to cope and...and now it's happening again." She said in a shaky voice.

"I forgive you." I said.

"Thank you." She said looking down for a moment. "I know that none of us can relate to what you're dealing with right now." She said.

I looked up at her.

"...and I'm really sorry that you have to deal with that alone." She continued.

"It's not your fault, it just sucks having the whole world against you, and hating you." I cried.

Just then the others came in to sit at the table.

"Nobody in this room hates you, Sam." Chad said.

"Maybe I used to but it was because I didn't know anything. And you know what, I was ignorant just like those people out there who know nothing about you. And for that I'm sorry." Amber said and hugged me.

"We've all be through the craziest shit one could go through." Mindy said.

Liv nodded in agreement.

"Would muffins make you stop crying?" Anika said poking her bottom lip out and giggling.

"Maybe." I smiled taking one.

"Hey Sam." Chad called and ushered me to the balcony.

"I'll be back." I told everyone else.

We went out on the balcony together looking at the street lights.

"I'm happy you and Tara are figuring things out. Same with Tara and Amber." He said.

"I just wish it didn't take these circumstances." I responded.

"I know me too." He said.

"Do you think I'm a killer?" I asked with glossy eyes.

"Sam." He said.

"I just- I wanna know."

"No! Of course not." He exclaimed.