Chapter 7 (The Rainbow After The Storm)

{Amber's POV}

Tara was shaking in my arms on the bathroom rug. We were both in a significant amount of pain. I wasn't sure what happened out there after I went looking for her.

The sirens rang through the house. I could hear the police storming the premises and searching for dead or wounded. Nonetheless, Tara and I didn't move.

"Is it over?" She whispered.

"I think so." I replied, hugging her.

"I'm sorry I didn't trust you." Tara said to me.

"It's okay, I'd be scared too."

I kissed her cheek, and we relaxed into each other. Neither of us were in the best position to move, and the police would find us at some point.

"DID YOU CHECK THIS BATHROOM?!" I heard a policeman yell.

It startled both of us.

Suddenly, there was a soft knock at the door.

"Woodsboro Police department, you're safe. You can come out." The man said.

Tara was already worked up without her asthma pump, so I tried calming her down and giving her one more kiss before forcing myself up to open the door.

I know I looked a bloody mess with mascara running to top it all off.

"We got two more wounded." He said into his walkie-talkie.

"She has asthma and no asthma pump." I said weakly.

"We'll take care of you both, I promise."

Tara and I were put into the same ambulance. Tara suggested a different hospital to the paramedics.

Sam got in our ambulance with us.

>hours later. Morning.<

{Tara's POV}

I got my ankle cast redone, and my wounds cleaned and checked. Surprisingly, I didn't get st*bbed this time. Amber had to go to surgery, the bullet was lodged in her shoulder, and she had been st*bbed.

After her surgery, they put two beds together for us to keep each other company.

She had slept longer than me. Eventually, she woke up and opened her eyes, looking at me.

"Hey grizzly bear, you finally woke up." I said to her jokingly.

"Hey, miniature bear." She replied, looking over at me with a sleepy smile. She called me miniature bear as a joke on my height, per usual.

"You were a tough bitch last night." I said jokingly.

"I was terrified." She admitted.

"I feel like I would've been able to do more if I wasn't already hurt." I said.

"I'm glad you didn't have to, it was horrifying out there." Amber said.

"So, it was Wes and Richie?" I asked.

"Yep."

"Why though??"

"Richie was another psychotic movie fanatic, and Wes was just...jealous of me." Amber replied.

"Jealous of you why?" I pressed.

"Because my girlfriend loves me and not him." She smiled smugly.

"I love that you can make light out of this situation." I said in a quiet tone. "And, I really do love you." I added.

"I love you too." She said in that soft, sweet Amber voice. "I'd lean over there, but I don't think I'm supposed to." she laughed.

I leaned over to hold her face. She was so pretty. Dark eyes, the perfect lips, and cute rosy cheeks. You wouldn't believe how quick she could put you in your place because of how sweet she looked.

"What are you looking at?" She teased.

"My favorite person." I responded calmly before giving her a kiss.

When I pulled away, I could see her eyes were glossy. Happy tears.

"You wanna watch a movie boob?" I asked.

"Can we watch a cartoon movie, I've had enough of the horror genre." She said.

I laughed. "Should we watch Tangled?"

She nodded. I turned the movie on and grabbed the cover at the end of the beds for both of us, and we spent the morning watching our favorite Disney movie.

{Mindy's POV}
I woke up in a hospital room. My memory was foggy. All I remembered was looking for my brother, and then everything afterwards was like an unclear nightmare sequence.

My brother. WHERE IS MY BROTHER?

I sat up in my bed quickly at that thought, my body protested, and I winced. The doctor ran over to me.

"Miss Meeks, you're awake, it's going to be alright, just take it easy ok. I'm Doctor Natalie." The brunette woman said.

"Where is my brother? Is he dead?" I questioned as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Your brother is in the other room. He was in surgery all night. We thought he wouldn't make it, but he did." Dr. Natalie said.

"I wanna see him!" I demanded.

"Ok." She said.

She helped me get in a wheel chair and rolled me to my brother's bedside. He was awake with all these breathing tubes attached to him.

"Hey twinnie." I said.

He smirked.

"You should know that almost dying on me is a criminal offense." I joked.

"My bad." He replied chuckling.

I laughed, shaking my head.

"I'm kidding, I love you, big head, I was terrified." I said.

"I love you too, but in my head's defense, I'm sure our heads are nearly the same size."

"Oh har har." I replied, smiling.

I stood up, I know I'm not supposed to, but I needed to hug him. I got on the side of his bed and wrapped my arm around him.

"We're twins. We die together of old age, or we don't die at all." I said, looking down at him.

"I really want that for us." He said with a weak smile.

Eventually, he fell back to sleep, me along with him. Exhaustion.

{Sam's POV}

I checked on my sister and Amber, they seemed ok watching a movie together. The doctors said the twins were ok.

Sidney and Gale were at another hospital. At some point, I hope I get to pay them a visit.

I went to the Doctors to ask them how Liv was doing.

"She was pronounced dead on the way to the hospital, but once we got there, we found that she had at least a weak pulse. The surgery she had to get on her stomach was extremely intense but luckily the bullet went clean through or theres a high chance she wouldn't have survived, she was in critical condition, but she's hanging on great." The doctor said.

Chad will be happy to hear that.

Liv's mom was crying, and I hugged her.

"I'm so sorry this even happened." I told her while comforting her.

Hopefully, Liv recovers well. Hopefully, they all do. Physically and Emotionally.