chapter 8 (better things)

>Amber's POV<

Its officially been a month since what happened. My parents forced me to go to therapy, but I mean, I guess I needed it.

My parents also began moving us out of that old Macher house before I was even discharged from the hospital.

{Texting Tara}

{Tara: Hey, luvbug}

{Me: heyyy}

{Tara: You home alone?}

{Me: nahh, ever since what happened, my parents are always home}

{Tara: Same with my sister}

{Me: What about your mom}

{Tara: Well, my mom has been staying out of town. She cut Sam off for telling me about Billy, and I cut her off for being an ass to Sam.}

{Me: im really sorry about all of this}

{Tara: None of this is your fault. I just hope my mom comes around at some point}

{Me: When she gets over her fucking ego}

{Tara: Yeah☠️}

{Me: Maybe I can convince my parents to let me come over}

{Tara: BEGGG}

{Me:😂😂😂}

*Tara liked a message*

I put my phone down and walked into my parents office room where they were working from home.

"Heyy guys." I said in a low voice.

"Hey sweetie." My mom replied.

"What's up?" My dad added.

"I was wondering if I could go to Tara's." I said quietly.

"No." My dad replied.

"Michael!" My mom said to my father.

"Please, Mindy and Chad will be there, and Liv." I begged.

"The same way you were all together when you all almost died." My dad said.

"I can't spend the rest of my life hiding." I replied.

"Amber -"

"Please, Sam's gonna be there too. She'll look after us, like old times." I said.

"What time should we pick you up?" My mom said.

"6pm." My dad interjected.

"Actually, I was thinking I could sleep over and go straight to school tomorrow from Tara's." I said.

My dad huffed.

"Michael, it does sound like a good idea. At least the kids will go to school together." My mom said.

"Annnd, there's an adult in the house." I added. "Pleassssse dad, I'm bored here."

"Fine, just stay sharp and be safe." He said before hugging me.

"I will."

I got on the road and drove to Tara's house, my new house was less than 10 minutes away from Tara's so I liked it more. Plus Tara won't be afraid of my house anymore.

I parked in her driveway and then went to ring her doorbell. Tara answered. She looked pretty today, with her long wavy brown hair down, a soft fuzzy pink sweater, and some blue jeans on. Adorable per usual.

I just wore black jeggings and a black shirt, keeping it simple.

"Hey heyyy." Tara said as she stepped out of the doorway. She was still wearing her boot, and her ankle was still healing. She opened her arms to hug me, and I leaned down to her reach.