Chapter 20 ( Hello New York)

>Amber's POV<

I was seated by the window, Tara in the middle, and Sam on the end.

Liv, Chad, and Mindy were in the row next to us. Sam was the only guardian coming to New York with us. Tara wasn't upset about it, but she knew Sam was gonna be really strict.

We'd been on the plane for 3 hours already and I took two naps in the process. Sam was passed out next to Tara, and Tara was waking up from her first nap.

"Look who's awake." I said while reading my book.

"That won't be the last nap." She said.

"We only have a couple more hours."

"I can't believe we're doing thiss." Tara said excitedly.

"Me either, I've never been to New York." I said.

"We should go to one of the parks there, maybe." Tara replied.

"And get some food." I added, looking over at her.

"They better have good pizza." She said, crossing her arms.

I pinched her cheek gently. "You're so cute."

She leaned on my shoulder and fell back to sleep soon. I'd never been on a plane before, so seeing the sky like this and being on the clouds was insane to me.

There were 3000 miles between me and my parents. Goodness. It was a lot to take in, but I'll adjust. This is young adulthood, and part of that is figuring life out.

>the next day<
Landing went great. We had to get started moving into our places. Mindy, Liv, and Chad were both rooming with their own roommates, Sam was not a fan of that, and neither am I if I'm being honest.

We all went to the apartments first before the dormitory. There was a girl there named Quinn who Sam, Tara, and I would be rooming with.

After that, we went to Liv and Mindy's dorm to help them set up.

>Tara's POV<

Mindy and Liv would be rooming with someone we have yet to meet. We were moving them in when a girl with brown hair and blonde highlights came in.

"Oh- uh, hey, I'm Anika... I'm gonna be rooming here in the dormitory... with you." She said nervously.

"Hey, Anika." Mindy said smiling.

Liv greeted me as well, but it was different. Mindy sounded starstruck. Whatever goes down, I just hope all goes well for them here.

We went to Chad's dorm and helped him move in. He'd be rooming with a total stranger. Sam REALLY hated that.

Sam has known Chad for the better part of his whole life. She used to babysit him. Her attachment for me can be the same with him sometimes.

I looked at my sister as Chad was unpacking.

"Hey." I said.

She looked at me with a half smile.

"He's gonna be ok." I said.

"I know I just worry." She said.

I held her hand.

A guy with close to pale skin and curls came from the other side of the room.

"Ethan, nice to meet you." He said, reaching out to shake Chad's hand.

"Chad, nice to meet you too." Chad replied.

"You done packing?" I asked Chad.

"Yeah, I'm all good. You guys look tired, should go home and get some sleep." He said.

I hugged him. "Be safe, boy."

He laughed and leaned down to hug me. "As ever."

He noticed Sam's somber expression and went over to hug her, too.

Similar to him and Mindy, they were like our siblings, extended family. Sam has a hard time letting go, but she has to, at some point.

>last week of summer<

Amber and I shared a room. Quinn had her own, which was accompanied by men from time to time so you can imagine what our ears witnessed, and Sam had her own room.

Amber had just come out of the shower. She had her hair in a messy bun and a robe on. She dropped the robe to my surprise and laid down in bed.

"Look at youu." I said giggling.

"Not living with parents means I get to be in my room naked, I'm just testing the experience." She said.

"Well, put some cover on so you don't get sick." I replied.

I took my PJs off. I never really wore pajamas to bed. It gets hot.

I laid down under the covers and cuddled with her before putting on a movie.

I played her hair for a while before taking my attention from the movie.

"You ready to start classes next week?" I said.

She sighed. "It is what we came here for." She said.

"College is gonna be funnnn. We can go to classes, yeah, but we won't be there as long and there's partiesss." I said.

"You're ready for parties?" She asked.

"I mean, I don't wanna spend forever being scared, ya know?" I said back.

"Yeah... yeah, I get that. It's just hard for me." She said.

I lifted her face slightly and kissed her lips.

"There's nothing you will go through alone as long as I'm here." I said looking into her eyes.

"I wuv you." She said poking her bottom lip out.

"I love you too." I said. "Now I'm gonna venture under those covers." I added.

"Taraaaa." She laughed.

"And you have to be quiet." I said.

Her face got red, and she put the covers over her face to hide the smile.

>8am<

>Amber's POV<

I went to sleep early and slept like a baby after my little Tara treatment. I woke up and she was next to me. It was cold, so I scooted closer and hugged her, putting my face against her cheek and kissing her softly.

"Good morning." She said, smiling with her eyes closed.

"Good morning, cutie." I replied.

"This is the best bed I've ever laid down in. Great for sleep." She said, turning over and waking up.

"And other things." I winked.

"Freaky deak." She said.

"The call is coming from inside the house." I replied sarcastically.

"Don't get smart with me." She demanded with a laugh.

We got up to get ready for the day. The plan was to enjoy a day with the group. Probably go out to eat and maybe sightseeing.

After all, this was our last week of summer free time. We planned to enjoy it.