Chapter 28 (what now?)

>Tara's POV<

We spent the morning in Gale's hospital room first. Then, went to the waiting room collectively, trying to figure out our next move.

Sam had just gotten off of the phone with Sidney, who was updating her on how Liv, Anika, and Mindy were doing at the safe house.

Chad was texting his mom, filling her in on everything and telling her to stay put most likely.

All I could think about was how there was a chance some of us won't walk away from this alive as I buried my face in Amber's chest.

"You need to breathe, ya know." She giggled, caressing my baby hairs softly.

I looked up at her and smiled. "Sorry, your scent and warm skin are calming to me, I guess." I responded.

"Don't be sorry, it's cute." She replied before giving me a swift soft kiss.

I turned around and noticed Sam pacing the room.

"Sam." I said.

She paid me no mind as she continued pacing 3 more times and sat down. She had no peace since what happened to Liv, Anika, and Gale yesterday... none of us have. Sam just wasn't the best at hiding it.

"Maybe they get to win this time." She said after a moment.

"Sam, what are you talking about?" I said with an irritated look as I felt Amber's arms wrap around my waist.

She was probably trying to calm me.

"He wants me." Sam cried. "Maybe I give myself over."

"Hell no." Chad said, looking up from his phone.

"I second that 'hell no'." Amber said from behind me.

"Third." I turned back to Sam with stress.

"If this is what I have to do to protect you all -"

"No, Sam. Ok? No. You moved back to Woodsboro to protect me. Every day you make the decision to protect me, none of us would even be alive if it weren't for you." I explained.

"Tara -"

"You have to let us protect you this time." I said. "We're a team."

"We're a family." Amber said with her sweet smile.

"Now that's a HELL YES." Chad smirked.

We all hugged, and Danny and Ethan came back from the hospital kitchen with some donuts.

"So what's the plan." Chad said, eating his.

"We hole up somewhere safe?" Ethan asked.

"No, he'll just find us." Amber said.

"Maybe we can use that." I said.

The group looked at each other and me curiously.

I called Detective Bailey as they did.

>on the phone with Bailey<

"I'm getting my ass chewed out for not dropping the case, and you wanna do what now?" Detective Bailey said.

"I wanna lure them into like a secure location and trap them." I said.

"And then what?" He replied.

"We execute him." I said.

The group nodded seriously.

A moment of silence followed.

"Are you gonna help us?" I pressed.

"Hell yeah, let's catch this asshole." Detective Bailey said.

"Ok, so what's the first move?" Sam asked.

"Wherever you go, go together, don't split up, especially on the way there." Detective Bailey said.

After the phone conversation, we got our things together called Kirby and got ready to get on the move.

We then headed to the Subway for a ride to our destination.

Hopefully, this plan pulls through.