Chapter 26 (history)

[Tis my birthday today! So I've worked extra hard on this chapter, I hope you like sequence, re-wordings, and extra scenes I included❤️]

[Also thanks for 3k reads!!]

(Change of setting after the attack because Anika survived)

>Amber's POV<

We were in the hospital room with Anika. Mindy was laying next to her, and we all made ourselves comfortable in the hospital. Anika was stabbed, and an organ was hit, so she'd spent all night in surgery. She was on a lot of pain meds, but whatever Tara did after she got stabbed kept her from losing too much blood.

Mindy got stitches for her arm, and even Tara got checked out to check for head trauma or strain from the ladder incident.

My family made it out alive with luck, but Quinn and that guy...

Sam looked drained and sleep deprived. She smoked a few cigarettes on the way here. She was in the hallway speaking with detective Bailey, Quinns dad, probably about last night, being that he lost his daughter.

"Should we join them?" Tara asked.

"Yeah, maybe, and give our condolences." I said before kissing her head softly.

We went into the hallway to see Detective Bailey. He looked distraught reasonably.

"We're so sorry for your loss." Tara said in a low voice.

"Yeah, it uh -" Detective Bailey said, choked up. "She was my last child left. All my children are dead." He cried.

"I can't imagine that pain, I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's not your fault." Detective Bailey said. "But we need to catch this fucker soon." He said determined.

We all nodded.

I turned around at the sound of footsteps and she stopped. It was Gale.

"Don't you fucking even." Sam said in a dead tone.

"I'm not here to fight, I'm here to help." Gale said.

"Sure." Sam replied.

"Off the record." Gale said.

Sam looked at her with a tired expression.

"I mean it Sam, off the record I'm here to help." Gale explained.

"Okay fine." Sam said.

"You're the cop right?" Gale said looking at Detective Bailey.

"Yes ma'am." Bailey replied clearing his throat.

"I did some digging and I found out where the masks are coming from." Gale said.

"How?" I asked.

"Trust me kiddo, I've been doing this for 20+ years." Gale replied.

Liv came out of the bathroom and came to stand next to me. I held her in a hug. We were all still shooken up from last night.

Just then a blonde woman with a short haircut walked up to us.

"Hey ladies." She said to Sam and Tara.

"Oh." I said confused.

"Kirby?" Gale asked.

"She's with the FBI now." She said, looking at Gale. "...and we used to go to Woodsboro high together, thats how I know her." Sam answered to me.

"She's a child, since when did they start letting children into the FBI?" Gale said, concerned.

Liv giggled in my arms.

"I'm 30." Kirby responded.

"Well, you look like a zygote." Gale replied sarcastically.