Chapter 22 (frat party)

[Authors note: Tamber stans, don't panic, there will be healing in the next chapter... :)]

>Tara's POV<

It had been a few months since college started for us. Chad, Mindy, Ethan, Anika, and I were all going to the OKB party a few blocks down.

Amber had homework, plus her and I had been going through a rough patch...meaning we had a fight and haven't spoken for two weeks without arguing, so in a sense we were on a break. It's certainly awkward, considering we live together. She moved into the 4th bedroom.

I was walking down the street when I noticed a familiar face. He was in one of me and Mindys classes. He looked like he was in a bit of a rush.

"Jason!" I called.

He turned. "Oh hey Tara."

"You coming to the OKB party?" I asked.

"Maybe later if it's still going. Is Sam gonna be there?" He asked.

"No, Sam wouldn't be caught dead frat party."

"First time for everything." He said back.

"If you want her to go that's YO problem, see yaaa." I joked.

"Alright, see ya T."

We were almost there when a couple of Chad's buddies walked up and started loud conversations with him.

"OKB PARTAYYY!" They hooted.

"With some beta girls." One added.

"All gay." Mindy said sarcastically.

Chad laughed at Mindy before picking me up playfully and throwing me over his shoulder, and we made our way in.

We went in and went all out immediately.  

I sat down with Anika and Mindy, and we talked for a while.

"So, when are you and Amber gonna stop pretending to hate each other?" Mindy pressed.

"We're on a break, Mindy." I said.

"Breaks don't erase love that stems straight from childhood." Mindy insisted.

"I'm gonna go get another drink." I said.

I heard Mindy sigh as I walked away.

>Mindy's POV<

"There's absolutely no way Amber and Tara are done." I said.

"Maybe they need this break, or maybe the stress and trauma from Woodsboro is crashing down on them." Anika replied.

"Tara's going to parties as an excuse to drink her sorrows away, I don't know if Sam has noticed, but it's become rare to see Tara sober." I replied.

"You're worried about her." Anika stated.

"Her and Amber." I said.

"Has Amber reached out?" Anika asked.

"No, Amber is the very definition of stubborn. That doesn't mean she doesn't miss Tara, though." I said with my eyes watering.

"Don't cry." Anika said, hugging me.

"I just... I KNOW it's not my relationship and that you and I are good. But I know how much Amber and Tara love each other, I've seen it with my own eyes, but they have never fought this long." I explained.

"Girls are very emotional beings. When two girls love each other, it's INTENSE and passionate. When two girls are angry at each other, it's INTENSE and PASSIONATE. Tara and Amber love each other so much. They will get back together, baby." Anika reassured me.