Chapter 7: A note

Michael was gazing at Joseph in amusement and then said "What did you find?

Then Joseph took out a note from his jeans pocket and gave it to Michael. Michael opened the note and saw that something was written in big letters.

THE BOY IN BLACK MASK AND HODDIE IS GOING TO KILL ME !!!

Michael turned his eyes to Joseph and said "Where did you get this note?

"I found this note on the hotel room table and I also found a black mask lying near the victim's body!! Joseph told him.

Michael's reaction oscillates because he has drawn some conclusions. He got silent for a few minutes and then he said "Joseph I think maybe the boy firstly blackmails people and then the victim is unable to bear so much stress and dies of a heart attack but in this case, the boy not only blackmailed the victim but also killed the person.

"Is he making fun of us by killing this person!!! Joseph said angrily.

"It may be true that he wants to play with us but he may have some bigger reason behind this matter. Michael said in a profound voice.

Suddenly a thought occurs into Joseph's mind "Michael, you forgot something!!

Michael's eyes widened "What did I forget?

"Today a man called you to come to the park because he was going to tell you about the serial killer and how he kills people without any weapons," Joseph replied.

He took a long pause and then he said, "Yeah, I've completely forgotten about that." There's one thing I didn't tell you that time but now I can tell you," Michael said calmly.

"About what?

"I can sense that the call was recorded as he was not trying to listen whether I was on the call or not. As soon as I picked up the phone, he started talking non-stop. One more thing, I thought about this when you reminded me about the call. He didn't even call me again because I didn't meet him at the park!" Michael said.

Then suddenly his phone starts ringing. He took out the phone from his pocket and answered. "Hello,"

Joseph can see that Micheal's face has turned pale.

Michael put his phone back in his pocket and said "Joseph you have to come with me to the office".

But tell me why Michael? Joseph says in perplexity.

"I can't tell you here. Please come with me. Michael requested.

A Few Hours Later..........

"Joseph, please help me to see these files. Michael asks.

"What do you want me to see? Joseph asked.

"Please see the appearance of the serial killer as told by the witness. Michael replied.

Then Joseph starts turning the pages of the file and he says "According to the statements of the witnesses, they said that the serial killer was always in a black hoodie and a mask but we already know about this!" Joseph said confusedly.

"Joseph, are you sure the serial killer is a boy?" Michael asks.

Joseph raised his eyebrows and said "I am quite sure of this but why are you asking me such questions?

Then Michael gets up from his chair and says "Joseph, the serial killer is a girl.

Joseph raises his eyebrow and says"How do you know about this?

MARILYN ( POV )

I bet they won't be able to find out about me but I'll have to be more careful now. Maybe they would have come to know how I kill people. I didn't think of stabbing him but he forced me to do so. He left no choice.

I never thought it would be so difficult to kill him. It was because of him they may have discovered my way of killing people.

She takes out a black mask from the pocket of her hoodie and wears it over her face and starts walking into the apartment. When she enters the apartment a security guard stops her and says "Please write your name on the register before you enter the apartment,"

"Sure,"

She took the pen from him, wrote Maria Swanson's name on the register and handed him the register.

She knew she couldn't quickly reach the room by the stairs as the room was on the 20th floor, so she decided to take the lift.

As she reached the floor, she saw a man enter the apartment. When he closed the door behind him, she went to the apartment's front door and started ringing the apartment's front doorbell.

"I am coming," A man says from the apartment. When he opened the door, he didn't see anyone outside.

"Who is playing with me?" He shouted.

As he was walking back to his apartment, suddenly his eye fell on the floor. Then he saw a mysterious box lying on the floor. He reaches his hand down to pick up the box and then he takes the box with him into the apartment and closes the door behind him.

"Who put this box in front of my apartment?" He thought.

He went to his couch and sat on it with the box. As he was about to open the box, suddenly a crackling sound came iinventor'sears. The sound is coming from the window. He went to the window to have a look. He saw a strange person through the window pane. He could not see the person's face as only his back was visible but suddenly his cat cried from behind him. He turns around to see his cat who pushed the box off the couch.

"Hey Luna!! What are you doing?"

He ran towards her. Then he took her into his arms and said "You must not touch anything heavy. It may harm you."Saying this he gently patted the cat's forehead with his hand.

Then he dropped his cat on the floor and then he came back to the window. But when he reached there, the strange person had already left.

He came back to his couch and picked up the box from the floor in his hands. With the box already open, he can see a letter in the box. He takes the letter from the box and starts reading.

Do you think I have left you alone? If you think so then you are wrong.

His face turned pale with fear, and the letter slipped from his hands and fell to the floor.

The strange person was Marilyn who had been secretly watching him the entire time from a camera which she had set up on the box. Then an evil smile spread across her face.

To be continued.............

If you like this chapter then give a vote and leave a comment on this chapter. I love to read your comments.

Have a nice day ❤