Chapter 12

~Loid's POV~

A/N 

Btw this chapter takes place the next morning

I could not believe Nightfall! What was she thinking!? I am planning to ask her about this as soon as I get a chance to see her. Why would she want to go to Yor's workplace out of all other places she could be!? I got ready for work early once again, and headed out. Once I got there, I attempted to find Nightfall. It took me a while but I found her.

"Hello Twilight!" She smiled at me.

I just stared at her in disbelief.

"Everything ok, Twilight?" She asked.

"Follow me." I sighed.

I dragged her into an empty room nearby.

"Explain why you went to Yor's workplace and refused to leave!" I said, trying my best not to yell at her.

"Twilight, what are you talking about?" She said dumbly.

"Don't play dumb with me Nightfall, I knew you were there..." I say.

"Fine, I was there because Handler sent me." She huffs.

"Ok, do you know where Handler is right now?" I ask.

"I don't know, I just got here, She is probably in her office." She says.

"Thank you." I say while leaving.

So Handler sent her. Should have known, Especially after the last meeting with her. She probably sent Nightfall to keep an eye on Yor, I bet Nightfall was ecstatic. Ugh, it infuriates me that Handler had to send her to watch over Yor. I can see the jealousy on "FiOnA's" face whenever she sees us together. I just hate how Yor is in the presence of her. This also must have somewhat traumatized Yor's co-workers. She could have been way more subtle about spying on my WIFE. Wow, I just actually considered Yor my wife., not just another person to use in my mission. I finally arrive at Handler's office.

I barged in "WHY THE HECK IS NIGHTFALL SPYING ON YOR?!"

" Dangit, I knew Nightfall was never good at stealth." She whispers.

"SHE PROBABLY TRAUMATIZED HALF OF YOR'S CO-WORKERS," I yell.

"Woah, calm down," She calmly states, "I just felt that I needed to send another agent in, one of our best,"

"The best? I trained her. She is far from the best," I manage to say.

"Well we aren't talking about her right now,"

"Wait, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BE CALM? MY WIFE COULD HAVE GOTTEN HURT!" I raise my voice.

"Hmmm, I guess I will admit to knowing Nightfall is jealous." She replied.

"Anyway, I have the situation under control, you DON'T need to have Nightfall involved." I almost yelled.

"How about we compromise," She suggests, "We meet back in a week and if you still have feelings for hEr, Nightfall will be involved."

I know there is no arguing with Handler now so I nod and head to the hospital for the rest of my work day.

~Time Skip~

It would be wrong if all of the sudden I started being cold to Yor. Hmm, maybe if I lie to Handler. I could lie and say I haven't asked her out on any more dates, if I do. Handler might have lower level agents watching me incase Yor and I do go on dates so we would have to be careful. It feels weird being the spy, but still being spied on. When I did get home, I noticed Yor was not home, neither was Anya. That's when I noticed a note reading;

"Hi Loid! Sorry I'm not home, something came up at work and I had to go back! Anya also went to go study at Becky's house, she said something about a math test. Xoxo Yor."

Well I guess I am alone now with my own thoughts. For about twenty~five minutes I thought to myself on how things were going to work. For another fifteen minutes I argued with myself about how things should go.

"BoRfFFffF!" Bond borfed.

He hopped up on the couch and plopped right down next to me and rested his head on my knee. I tried my best not to talk to Bond again, I just couldn't help myself.

"Hi Bond.." I say.

"Borf."

"I feel even more conflicted now."

"BoOrFf"

"Handler has now sent in Nightfall to watch over Yor, now I fear that we won't be able to go on a date without privacy."

"Borf"

I stroked Bond's fur till I heard the door click.

"Hi Papa!" Anya says happily.

"Hi Anya, how did studying go?" I ask.

"It went good! I feel very prepared for the test!" She chorused.

"I'm glad to hear that!" I replied.

"Is Mama home yet?" She asks.

"No not yet, but I'm pretty sure she should be home soon!" I reply

"Do you want to flirt with Mama?!" She smirks.

"What no?!" I say flusteredly.

"Are you sureeeeeee?!" She smirks once more.

"...Maybe" I blush a little.

"Heh," Anya smirks for a final time before sneaking off to her room to do who knows what.

I lay my head back and sigh. I can't wait for Yor to get home. I still can't get over the fact I talk to a dog and that I am talking to it about my relationships. Yor finally gets home and I swear I can see blood on her fingertips but she might have been practicing cooking with Camila.

I asked, "How was your day today?"

"Oh, It was pretty good," she replies, "how was yours?"

"My day was pretty good, I talked to Fiona at work today...,"

"That's good, what did she say?" She said while taking a seat next to me.

"She said how she just wanted to stop by and give you a gift but everyone was asking her to leave." I thought up on the spot.

I shouldn't have said that I talked to Nightfall today.

"Aw, that is so sweet of her, I will have to get her something in return, and as an apology." Yor exclaimed

I dread the thought of Nightfall receiving a gift. I will have to tell her my excuse tomorrow at work. Then I might be able to force her to give Yor a gift. I think while mentally smirking. Then we go off and cook dinner.