Jealousy

"No..." Cedric says gently, "This is my... girlfriend, Y/N" 

"Yeah." You insist, glaring at Charlotte, "And how do you know him?" 

"Yes, we grew up together. We used to be best friends!" She turns to him, softly playing with a curly strand of hair, making him chuckle. Her smile grows wide as you fume. You cross your arms and look at Cedric with sparks grinding in your eyes. Inside, your heart seems to shake, not quite break. This is stupid, you try to remind yourself.  

"Charlotte, maybe go meet some other people?" Your boyfriend proposes, still laughing. As she bites her lip, scanning his body with her seductive look. Like a crocodile with perfect eyeliner, and rose perfume. Waiting for the pray to come closer. 

"Thanks." You say finally as Charlotte walks away, "God she's annoying." 

"Aw, Y/N. Don't worry about her!" Cedric says, putting his arm around you, "We're just friends!" 

"Then what's the dumb smile?" You ask, raising your eyebrows, "At least tell her about me BEFORE you start flirting!" Part of you aches. He built me a statue, got back with me... am I one of those bat shit partners?! 

You worry, your lips quivering. 

"It's nothing! I just haven't seen her in a while," He insists, "Don't fret sweetheart." He kisses  your head, but you're having NONE of it. You get up before he's done peppering you with affection. 

"I'll be in my room." 

As you walk away you begin to feel bad, after all, what if he's telling the truth?

But as you lay on your bed, staring up at the ceiling, a tear drips off your cheek. You wouldn't be crying if you hadn't been imagining Cedric Diggory and Charlotte hugging, playing, flirting... kissing. Theres a knock at your door, you pull your pitiful bag of flesh up. Wiping away your tears, sniffling a bit still. 

Standing at your door is Charlotte and Cedric. The gorgeous girl holds a flower, and tilts her head. 

"Hi, your boyfriend gave me this!" She says, squinting, "Still I can't see what he sees in you!" 

Cedric elbows her aggressively, "No, actually I brought C to apologize. She's supposed to give it to you for a gift!" 

An earthquake shivers through you. Your heart pounding. You stutter, gathering the courage to respond. 

"Whatever," You say, "Just leave us alone Charlotte!" 

Cedric advances into your room, but before he can come in, the other girl stands on her tip toes. And kisses your boyfriend on the cheek.