Chapter - 16

Recap: Nivedha feels embarrassed with Sid's talks and he feels offended with hers.

*****************

Vimal and Nivedha came to the hall hearing some noises and saw Sid standing gritting his teeth and next to him Yamini stood holding his hand. His gaze fell on Amarnath and his wife who were excitedly ordering his servant to place the gifts carefully. Madhu and Viswa stood blank not able to stop him and Vijaya, Manohar had their gaze on Sid and Yamini. 

Vimal shut his eyes and tried to be cool to handle. He looked at Nivedha who was standing beside him.

Vim: I told you already that there is no need to show off any richness, then why all this ?

Nive: Dad was very excited to show his love for us and I was not able to stop him. Please let him for this time...

Vis: Mr. Amarnath I think there was no need for gifts. We could provide anything for your daughter if she needed. 

Amar: Please accept this.. Nive is my only daughter and everything happened in haste that we couldn't do anything for her marriage. We are also here to invite them for our home tomorrow. Its a custom we invite with some gifts. These clothes and jewels are for everyone of you. I wish you accept my love for your family. We are not sure which are your favourite sweets so I bought all the sweets.

Vim: Sir, there was no need for this. Please take back everything and if you meant to invite us then sure we will be arrive at your home. 

Nive: Vimal, please don't reject them. Its his love for us and he has brought them out of respect for uncle and aunt. It will be disrespecting him to return everything.

Amar: Vimal, I m not your sir anymore. You can call me dad like Nive.. And for the gifts, I m so sorry if I made you uncomfortable. Actually I have brought for everyone including Sid and his wife too so don't feel bad that I brought it only for you and Nive...There are gifts for you dad and mom too.

Manohar pretended to receive a call and left from there with a excuse followed by Vijaya. Vimal and Sid did not fail to notice their face as they left without a word.

Sid: We have got plans for the evening so please excuse us. ....mom we will have dinner outside..don't wait for us..We may be late.

Sid took Yami to their room and sat on the couch holding her hand.

Sid: He shouldn't have done that. He is trying to show his money. Who cares about the money ? All because of this idiot Vimal....why can't he stop his bloody rich father in law ?

Yam: Stop it Sid..What will he do if Nive's father showed up suddenly unannounced ? And what is wrong if he is showing his love for his daughter and son in law. We shouldn't be bothered for everything happening around us Sid. Also don't blame your brother for whatever happens in this house. Let him live his life. Are you jealous or feeling bad that your father in law didn't get you gifts ?

Sid: Out of all you had to think only this about me ? You think I will feel jealous for those things ?

Yami: I know you Sid...I was just trying to distract you. Now come on lets get ready and leave. 

Sid: Jaya ma and Mano pa face fell and they left without a word. They must have felt very bad. If its a custom that the couples should visit the bride's home then we should also visit Jaya ma and Mano pa tomorrow. May be we will stay there for few days.

Yam: God Sid, stop living for others. Lets us be ourself and live our life. And its not like we are staying far away from my parents to visit them formally. They are next door and we can go there anytime. Still we will go tomorrow morning and for now let them be for sometime.