Chapter 4: The Drill

Fiamettas P.O.V
They're kidding. They have to be. I mean, no one can seriously believe this it's insane! They must have some weird live special effects or projecter or something. Controlling the elements? That's just not possible. There all looking at me expectantly. What? Am I supposed to jump up and down squealing, saying that I knew I was different all along? Yea, that's not gonna happen.

"You're kidding right? I mean that's just not possible" I say staring at Cain

"Nope, not kidding" he replies getting his calm back

I think back to last night when that thing yelled out. And what it had yelled along with the panic inside of Headmistress Lees eyes. But it didn't make any sense.

"But, you've gotta be using like a projector and green screen or something like that" I say, desperate now

"Nup" he says nonchalantly and takes a seat on the couch

Well, looks like that conversations over. What do I do now? I look around and see that all the other kids have dispersed and are doing their own thing. There's two in the kitchen cooking and three, including Cain, sitting on the couch watching tv.

The room itself isn't that bad, dirt walls, dirt floor and dirt dome shaped roof. Maybe Demeter did it? Wait, no! If she did that means I'm accepting the 'elementals' thing. I'm not. Maybe.

I stop looking at the room when I see another kid standing in the shadows. I only just noticed him. Is there a secret room he was in before? I take a quick glance at him and notice he's staring at me. Right, just a little creepy.

I turn and decide to go to the kitchen because I'm starved. Two girls are in there cooking. Demeter and friend.

"Demeter, am I seriously meant to believe all this?" I ask seriously

"I know it's hard, believe me it took a while before I believed it"

"Same here" piped the girl next to her

"Oh, right. Fia this is Lucy"

"Hi Lucy. What's your 'element'?" I ask dubiously

"Light"

"What?"

"Light. I can produce light"

"Uhhhhh" is all I mange out. She's gotta be kidding me.

Seeing the look on my face she closes her eyes and it only took a second before her whole body started to glow, sending out a bright light. It was beautiful. She drew the light back in and smiled, her teeth seeming to glow.

"Pretty cool eh"

"That's awesome!" I say, "not that I believe it" I mumble out afterwards

"So, who's everyone else?" I ask

Demeter looks over at the couch and starts pointing

"Ok so you've met Cain. Cain's a water element" I nod, "the Blondie with hair that looks like he just touched an electrical wire is Arrow, he can control electricity-"

"Electricity?!" I ask in disbelief, that's even weirder than the other stuff

"Well yea. How else would we have a tv and stuff down here?" She asks rhetorically and then continues, "the one with the brown hair is Guthrie his element is the wind"

"What about the guy in the corner?" I ask pointing the the kid in black

"Oh!" Demeter says, fear in her voice, "that's Morris"

"And?"

She drops her voice, "he's the opposite of Lucy. He controls darkness and he creeps me out"

I was about to ask why but a loud bang from above stopped me. The hell? We all stare at the ceiling as it starts to vibrate causing dirt to fall all around us.

"Uh, is that normal?" I ask

"No" Lucy says

It doesn't stop and everyone starts looking at each other and are now standing. There's a sound that keeps getting louder and a second after I realize what it is, then a huge drill comes through the ceiling. Everyone backs up to the back wall as it reaches the floor. The drill stops and we all stare at each other asking a silent question. What's going on?

We all look up as we hear a voice, the same one from the orphanage.

"Children" it's voice rasps, "there's no where to run now. We shall have you at last"

We look at each other and scream.