Chapter 7: Sunshine

Fiamettas P.O.V
"No" Cain says and walks away

"No? No? Don't you want to get back at them?" I ask, well beg, frantically

"We've tried Fia!"

"Well try again!"

"No. Never again. Not after what happened last time"

I stop short. He sounded so sad which was a huge change from his usually authoritative tone. What could've possibly happened last time that was so bad? I choose not to ask because that seems to be a touchy subject. Instead I let the anger that was burning die out and give up.

"Fine. What do we do instead?"

"We run" chimes in Morris

I'd never heard him talk. His voice sounded dark. I had to fight the urge to shiver.

"Well" I say, "let's get going"

Everyone looks at Cain. He nods at then and we leave. Walking and talking but my mind doesn't stray to far from the orphanage and how I'm going to get back at those people for what they did.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk and walk and walk and WALK! For how long? I haven't a clue but by the time we set up camp I feel like collapsing in a heap and never getting back up.

"Get used to it Firey" I hear. I can tell it's Morris before I even look up

"Huh?"

"I said get used to it. We walk and move ALOT" he growls

I roll my eyes, "well aren't you Mr. Happy"

He sends me a death glare then walks off and me being me I have to yell after him;

"See ya Sunshine"

And if looks could kill I would've been six feet under in 0.02 seconds flat. And in that moment he earned his nickname for life.

When dinner time comes we all sit around the fire talking. Demeter made flint to light it. I find that most of these guys came from orphanages as well. Except Cain. He had a family. Emphasis on the had. No detail was told but I didn't need any.

We talked for hours and hours just learning and, even though I didn't want too, I began to accept that this was my family. Everyone here accepts me, Morris excluded for some reason, and it made me happy.

We all decided we should sleep when we noticed the moon had started to move into the other side of the sky.

But we didn't sleep long.

A noise like a herd of elephants was coming at us. From all sides! Jumping out from my ground tent I noticed everyone was already outside.

"What is that?!" I yell out and over the noise

"We don't know!" Guthrie yelled back

We stood there just looking around. Why aren't we running? Why haven't we left? I ask myself this and then i see the lights.

They came from everywhere. Lights out of nowhere. That's when we decided to run.

"AGENTS!" Arrow yelled and ran off into the woods

We followed, running between cars. The trees offered cover and helped us escape the cars but we couldn't escape the agents on foot.

I started to count to make sure everyone made it out. I only count five. Who's missing? I search everyone ahead of me. Morris. Morris is missing. Damnit! They got sunshine!

We run and run, my mind still on how they found us and what the hell happened to Sunshine. We all started to slow down, getting tired.

That's when they shot at us. I screamed.

Then I felt a pain in my arm. In had a dart sticking out of it. The last thing I saw was the ground approaching fast.