Chapter 24: Outsy

Fiamettas P.O.V
When fear creeps into my system the fire goes away and the things all clatter to the floor. I stand in shock as everyone stares at me with fear and hope? My mind races with questions and thoughts.
What the hell is going on?
Why?
My father is going to cop it when I get out of here.

"Fia?" Lucy questions

I turn around and stare at her. Her eyes are wide and full of fear. This definitely hasn't earned me much more trust.

"Fia, are you calm now?"

"Absolutely. Now, what's the plan to get out of here?"

"We were just trying to plan that" Guthrie said

"And I think I've just made one" Morris smiled

I could only dread what he was thinking

~~~~~~~~~~~

Idiotic, absolutely idiotic. Why am I going through with this? It won't bloody work.

These thoughts run through my head over and over again as we all get in place for Morris's 'Amazing' plan. We all stood in the positions we were assigned and waited.

"Hey, dickwads, I need some water over here" Guthrie yelled out

Why is that always our excuse? Why the hell does it always work?

Truthfully I think we all do actually need water, that's why it was a good excuse. And really, Cain can't control it in here, so they can do whatever they want to and we can't do anything. Although, they do underestimate our ability to kick ass without our elements. Unless, of course you're me and get angry, easily.

I hear the clop of shoes coming down the hall towards us. It's a guy. I can tell from the sound. No clicks of heels. Just clops from someone with a heavy step.

"Everyone step away from the door" I hear 'dad' say

We all shuffle back, minus Guthrie and Lucy. They hide. And that's when I start to channel all my anger. All the things these people have done to me start to fill my mind.

Click goes the lock

The Orphanage. The dome house. Arrow. Acacia and Kani. All those people I will never meet. All because of them.

Creak the door opens

"Now Fia!" Morris yells

My anger goes into full bloom and I channel it at my dad. He starts to float into the air, water splashes at his feet. Fire hits everything in the room, minus the living people.

"Everyone out now!" Lucy screams and everyone runs for the door

3. 2. 1. I count and drop my father on the ground and rush for the door, snatching the keys from his hand on the way.

We slam the door and I lock it right before dad bangs onto it. He looks frantic.

"HOW!" He yells, "YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO BE ABLE TO USE YOUR GIFTS IN HERE"

I smirk at him, "I guess I'm a little special"

I turn to follow the others but turn back before I continue walking.

"And by the way" I say looking him dead in the eye, "they aren't gifts. They're weapons"

I leave, running after everyone. Now, to find the gas room.