3 boys

He ignored her. She didn't really seem to care. Regulus knew the only person she would care if they ignored her was Darren.

Her boyfriend, that felt like an awful thing to say.

Every time he thought about them being together in an intimate way it made his chest start hurting.

The dark mark flooded his head with bad ideas. Regulus knew as now a sole heir, if he asked her parents for her hand they would give it to him. But he couldn't do that. That'd be so fucking cruel.

"Hello?" he felt his body shift as she called for his attention.

He stared at her. "Did you hear anything Slughorn said?" She tried very hard to read his face.

"No" he turned back around.

"What's got your wand in a knot, come out with it"

He shook his head no.

"You're being so bloody sassy, just tell me"

He finally turned, from the corner of his eyes he could see Darren, had he always stared that much? Merlin was this under his nose the entire time.

He felt like torturing Darren a little bit. He put his hand on her shoulder and rubbed it slightly.

"Dunno what's gotten into you" she moved away from him.

Evan turned around "can you both shut it"

Regulus wanted to torture him even more "I haven't said anything, what I think you mean to say is, Emory can you shut it"

She shot her eyes at him.

Evan rolled his eyes "i wouldn't speak to her like that"

That annoyed Regulus "why? She clearly doesn't care about you I mean you started shagging someone and she just cut you off entirely"

His mark burned, he really couldn't stop. He turned to Emory "I mean if you can't have Evan the way you want you won't have him at all right? Does it hurt too much?"

Regulus was hoping to disrespect her to the point that Darren would step in and expose himself.

Emory shoved him so hard he fell out of his seat.

"Flawley, Black, Rosier all of you out of here" Slughorn demanded.

"Death eaters" Darren coughed under his breath.

"McLaggen you too"

Regulus got off the floor. Yes he was embarrassed. And dirty now too. They all went to the same room that Slughorn had always sent his students to. They knew after class Slughorn would find them and have a talk about how important they are.

"What the fuck is your problem" Emory shoved him

"Emory" Evan started holding her back.

"You both are pathetic if you like her just say so" Darren stood in the middle of all of them.

That made Regulus laugh "oh yeah? You first".

"Everyone just shut up!" Emory shouted and well they all listened.

"You" she turn to him "stop being such a dick, I know it burns and i know it hurts but for fucks sake"

She turned "Evan this will they won't they stops, we're friends, you're my best friend and you started to blur that line, stop it"

She had one final person and man was Darren smiling "and you, just fuck off your death eater comments are so fucking pathetic think of something more original"

Evan was the first to speak "Em, you're bleeding"

Her mark. Regulus didn't have time to process anything he rushed to her side. Her mark was so bloody it was dripping down her fingertips.

"I'm fine, leave me alone" she exited the room clutching her arm.

All three of them rushed to the door.

"I'm her best friend" Evan Argued

Regulus turned to Darren "she hates you"

He scoffed "I can properly heal, none of you can"

Evan nodded "she said you're a dick Regulus"

Regulus didn't want Darren there at all "Evan just go"

He left quickly. That left just Darren and Regulus. Regulus could read the worry all over his face, he couldn't stop walking back and forth.

"Why do you care so much?" He asked Darren.

"You know right? Was it your brother who told you?" He sat down across from Regulus.

"Yes"

Darren laughed "all of that today was just to get me mad huh?"

Regulus nodded "did it work?"

"It always will, I love her, of course it worked"

Regulus didn't know why this conversation was even happening "you didn't say anything, you never do"

He shrugged "I don't have much of a choice"

He never thought he would ever relate to Darren McLaggen once in his life.

"You know I'm not always a saint, sure I get really drunk and tell her I can't do this anymore than go off and kiss some girl I know my parents will love, but I love her"

Regulus was sure Darren would start crying "you cheat on her a lot?"

He shook his head "oh we both don't care about things like that, we're just very open with each other" he stared at Regulus "what you think I don't know you two had sex?"

Regulus felt his heart drop "you know about that?"

Darren laughed "yeah she told me once we were on better terms, can I ask you something?"

Regulus nodded he was quite scared that if he said no Darren would just punch him for sleeping with his girl.

"Did you like having her?"

Regulus knew if he had water in his mouth he would've spit it out. He didn't know how to respond.

"Yes?"

"Yeah me too"

Regulus felt so embarrassed relating to Darren out of all people.

"I feel like if she did something with Rosier she wouldn't tell me"

"That bothers you more than me sleeping with her?" He asked.

"You're bloody right, she loves him, I can take her sleeping with her childhood crush but Evan is her best friend, I never got that title."

Childhood crush? Had Emory liked him in the way Regulus always had? She just ended up dating Darren?

"Childhood crush?" He asked

Darren laughed "she'd kill me if she knew I told you"

Slughorn came in before he could fully process. He didn't even hear a word he said all he could think about was how at one point they both liked each other. It wasn't in his head...