Death and love

About a month passed and the girls started lining up to have one night with Evan Rosier. He said no to all of them. The thought of speaking to another women made him sick.

He still apologized every single day. Something changed. She couldn't even look him in the eyes. After a night of one too many drinks he barged into her room.

"Emory please"

She was just sitting on her bed with a lifeless expression on her face. Very similar to when she first got her mark.

"Talk to me Emmy please"

She turned to look at him. Evan felt like he was twelve again begging his mother to protect him from his father.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything"

She stared into his eyes and he knew whatever she asked even if he tried to lie she would look right through him.

"Have you ever killed someone?"

His heart dropped. And the look on his face gave her all the confirmation she needed. "I have"

"How many people"

"Emory please don't make me"

She grabbed his hand "I love you and I want to be with you, but you can't hide this from me, I want to know"

He felt his eyes start burning and he gently held her hand "seven"

She got away from him "Evan seriously? How could you do such a thing like that"

He stood up and approached her "this is who I am Emory"

"This isn't who you are Evan, you like quidditch and Queen and you love your little sisters more than anything you're not a killer"

He took off his shirt.

"I'm not in the mood right now Evan" she snapped

He turned around and waved his hand lifting up the concealment charm. In seconds his back was covered in scars and what seemed like new wounds.

"My father raised a killer, he did this to me so I could make him proud"

She ran her fingers across his back and noticed him flinching.

He turned around and grabbed her face gently. "I know you and everyone else thinks I'm with you out of wanting to extend our pureblood lines but Emory if you were a muggleborn I would've given up everything to be with you. I love for you, you're kind and warm, you silence everything inside of me. If I can't marry you I won't ever marry Emory, I love you for you and not because of your last name. So I'm standing in front of you showing you who I truly am hoping you take me as I am"

She met his eyes she saw him for who he truly was. And that was a sensitive shy boy. She always saw past his confident façade. This was just Evan to him, her best friend of years.

Perhaps the realest part of Evan was the part that loved Emory.

"I don't want you to become the dark lords puppy"

"I want to make a name for myself" he proclaimed

She felt disappointed and Evan felt like he was disappointing her.

"No, what if we had children and you get yourself killed making a stupid name for yourself, I won't do it"

He moved her hair out of her face gently "if it's between you and the dark lord my loyalty is completely yours Emory, always."

"Do you promise"

He laughed "I promise, can I put my shirt back on now?"

She laughed and held onto him as tightly as she could. The thought about a world without Evan Rosier was cruel.

"I'm full of so much anger" he confessed.

She motioned to the bed and he laid in her arms like a child. "It's okay" she ran his fingers through his hair.

"I know everything about the people I've killed, I know if there were married, if they had children, how old their children were, their names and birthdays, I know them all"

She wasn't over the fact that he had killed so it hurt her chest hearing him say that. "Do you regret any?"

"I did what I needed to in order to stay alive, the dark lord doesn't like weak people, that's why he's starting not to like Regulus"

She scoffed "he's the last Black there's no way he's not in his good graces"

Evan shrugged "he doesn't have the stomach for a lot of things and the dark lord can sniff out fear from miles away"

"I don't want to graduate and attend those stupid meetings"

He wrapped his arms tighter around her "I'll count for the both of us"

"My father wrote to my mum this summer about what a strapping lad you are"

He felt proud of himself "he put me through hell and back to see if I was good enough"

She kissed him "he's a dick"

He shrugged "he really loves you kept telling me he won't allow his baby girl to marry some loser who thinks hes a man"

"That's harsh"

He looked up at her "he's an honest man"

She was just about to say something when there was a knock on her door. Who could be knocking at that time of the night.

She opened it.

Regulus Black.

"Nows not a good time"

He met her eyes, he looked tired and not well, something was wrong.

"Oh my pretty girl I really tried to stop" he reached out for her arm.

Evan opened the door revealing he was there "are you alright mate, you look sick?"

Emory looked down, blood was pouring out of his arm, the arm he had his dark mark on.

His body fell on top of hers. He was out cold.

She moved quickly helping him in. She tried to stop the bleeding the most she knew how.

"Go get teddy or Barty, go!" She snapped at Evan who was just standing there in shock.

He ran out immediately.

"Come on Regulus all those times you lectured me about scratching my mark" she tried to stitch the skin back together but there was hardly skin viable.

When Evan came back with the boys she was covered in his blood frantically stitching his forearm with yarn and a needle . It terrified Evan that the shape of the dark mark was still perfectly in tact. They'd never be able to escape.