Spring showers

It was Emory's birthday. She hated that day most of all. She wanted everyone to forget. She didn't have friends anymore. She didn't forgive Theo or Barty, more than 15 years of friendship gone.

Thank god it fell on a Saturday so she could spend all day locked in her room. She was fresh out of the shower when she answered a knock on the door.

Her hair was still wet and she put on a nightgown already.

Evan was at the door holding the largest bouquet of flowers. "Happy birthday Emmy" she knew she was blushing.

He loved seeing her bare face "Did you think I'd forget?"

She hugged him even though she still hated him. "You're sweet Evan"

He hugged her "I love when you call me that"

She took the flowers and placed them in water.

"Any crazy plans for today?" He asked at her door. She didn't invite him in so he stayed outside.

"I'm in my nightgown and it's barely 12pm I'm staying in"

She looked over at him "you can come in"

He sat awkwardly on one end of her bed as she sat on the other. He tried not to stare at her too much.

"We never really got to talk about everything that happened" he said hoping she would want to talk.

"Do you really want to open that all up again Evan?"

He nodded.

She was very hesitant but she agreed "don't you think the main problem was how young we are? I mean other people at seventeen don't worry about marriage"

"Well when you find the right person does it matter how old you are?" He asked.

She shrugged "I don't want to have kids, I don't think I'd be a good mother, I don't think I'd be a good wife either"

"To anyone or just me?"

She looked over at him "to you"

"Why we had a good relationship"

She knew he wasn't totally lying "I don't want to get married so young, I want to see the world, I don't want kids and I know how you want to continue your bloodline, which is fine it's just not what I want"

He sighed "Emory if it became between being together or having kids with someone else I'd choose being with you, why can't you see that?"

She was very surprised on how he was staying calm "I didn't want you to resent me, I didn't want you to think I'd change my mind"

He stayed silent.

They both stayed silent.

"Can I ask you something, but I want you to be completely honest?" He turned fully to her.

"Yeah"

He took awhile "do you love Regulus?"

She nodded "I do"

"Are you going to be with him now?"

"No" she answered almost right away "I don't think it's in the cards for us"

"But you love him" he answered "he loves you too"

"I think that's what I love about him, he never really wants anything from me, I don't feel like I have to give him anything either"

His feelings were hurt of course "do you still love me?"

She looked over to him and knew she couldn't lie "yes, but you're not someone I know anymore. I wanted to marry the sweet Evan I've known my whole life, not this high ranking death eater"

He felt very disappointed in himself "I'm not a good person"

"I know" she answered.

"That night in Norway ruined my life"

"Mine too, do you think it was easy to walk away from us, from you?"

He shrugged "seems like you did it pretty easily"

She kicked his foot and walked over to him "I still have a small scar on my upper lip where your ring cut my face open"

He winced "I'm sorry about that too"

He placed his thumb on her upper lip "it's a baby scar Em"

She felt so much comfort by his touch on her skin. It felt like home.

"Can I have one last night with you Emory?" He asked nicely.

"For old times sake" she laughed slightly.

He kissed her. She took in how his lips felt against hers. He was warm.

His hands gently took off her nightgown. He laid her down and put his face in between her legs.

She moaned with pleasure grabbing his hair feeling his hands on her hips.

He moved back up and kissed her for awhile with his fingers inside of her. He knew her body like it was his own. He really was leaving a lasting impression.

When he put it in she grabbed onto his back tightly.

"God Emory, you feel so good" he grabbed a handful of her hair to keep her in place.

She met his eyes. He was still so handsome that annoyed her. He put his thumb inside her mouth and smiled at her.

He kept going sometimes hard and fast other times slowly and deeply as they both mumbled how they loved each other.

"Evan" she moaned over and over.

"Keep going baby" he groaned, she knew he was getting close by how hard and fast he was going.

"Give it to me" she demanded.

And of course he listened. He finished and rolled over out of breath.

"Please marry me"

She caught her breath "you've always been one for pillowtalk"

He wrapped his arms around her "come to dinner with me, you can't stay in here for your birthday"

She kissed his forehead "I much rather stay in bed all day and think about what I should do with my life"

He laughed "can I stay with you?"

"If you put clothes on"

That made him laugh again "god but these are so amazing" he grabbed her breast.

She laughed "you're so annoying" she kissed him again. She didn't know why, force of habit.

"Let me stay, I'll plan your life out for you"

She laughed again. She could feel him slithering his way back in. "Okay who do you think I should marry?"

He laughed "yeah nevermind"

She stayed in his arms. He felt so warm that day.

"What were the items you hid?" He casually asked.

She lifted up her hand and a gold string appeared "sorry made an unbreakable deal"

Oh Emory what have you done.