The spare

Regulus was hurt. He saw Evan for hours trying to work up the nerve to go wish her a happy birthday. He had been up since 4 am pacing and yelling at his elf for sending him flowers that were 'plain and small'.

Regulus had bought her a locket. It was a very beautiful one. Nothing like the one he had planned to steal.

His feelings were hurt when Evan didn't come back the entire day. He knew they were together. Regulus wanted to slam his head into the wall.

He felt like the only logical solution was to ignore her.

That was hard. It only worked for about an hour before he had to knock on her door.

She was still in her jeans and jumper. "Why have you been ignoring me"

He let himself in "it was for one hour"

She scowled "classic regulus, tells a women he loves her than ignores her"

He laughed getting comfortable in her blanket "you know what's super classic of you Emory?"

She wasn't backing down.

"Classic Emory, sleeping with Evan Rosier"

Her face dropped "he told you?"

"He didn't need to, I know, I know everything"

She walked closer to him "It all happened rather fast"

He grabbed her hand "can i erase him from your memories?"

She rolled her eyes "you're annoying"

He agreed "do you still love him?" He asked but he already knew the answer.

"You both ask the same questions"

He could imagine Evan in the exact same place he was "you should marry Evan"

Pain struck her face "wow okay?"

"Do you love me more than you love him?"

She was already fed up "I'm not going to talk about him with you"

"Ouch the answer is no"

She pulled off the sheets "get out of my bed you're so bloody annoying"

He laughed "you're annoying it's always 'Evan I love you but I love Regulus too' or 'regulus I love you but I love Evan too'"

She rolled her eyes "you don't want to be with me in a real way why does any of that matter"

"Real way, you've always struggled with that huh, couldn't love Darren in a real way either" he knew he was being mean for absolutely no reason other than the fact that his mark was burning.

"You know I could hurt your feelings too"

He stood up "I'm sorry I'm just feeling his very new sense of betrayal"

She sat down next to him "probably how Evan felt finding out last year we shagged"

He laughed. He hated how she could always make him laugh. "When will we see each other once we graduate?"

She hadn't given that much thought it seemed weird knowing that she couldn't just go back to her dorm room "I dunno I'm moving away"

He sat up straight "where?"

"I want to go to Spain"

He laughed "Spain? Where did that come from?"

She playfully pushed him "I want to see the world you know"

"Death eaters are outsiders everywhere, you wouldn't be accepted anywhere,the people that would tolerate you would be other death eaters and they're terrible company"

She looked at him "well thanks for that"

"What's this plan of yours and won't going to Spain interfere with that?"

Her face changed "no, I just need to leave instructions, directions more like"

"Tell me Emory please"

She lifted up her hand and he could see where the invisible string had started to cut her already.

"You didn't make an unbreakable promise"

She nodded "I did"

He wanted to light the world on fire "with the dark lord are you kidding me?"

She stood up "I didn't want to get used as a pawn, I don't ever want to get married, so I made my own deal"

He stood up "Emory I would've taken care of everything for you"

"Fuck that you're the second man to offer me that, I can choose my own fate I can take care of myself"

"No you can't" he snapped.

"Yes I can Regulus"

He laughed "please any slight discomfort and you go running to Evan like a puppy and he fixes everything for you"

"Almost like you would go running to Sirius huh?"

That slapped him across the face.

"You don't know anything about him, don't bring him up"

She laughed now "you don't know anything, but you walk around as if you know everything"

He was getting upset "okay I don't know everything but I know my brother and I know it isn't your place to talk about him"

She grabbed a handful of letters and threw them onto the bed. He read them. They were from Darren, James Potter, Lily Evans and Sirius Black.

"What is this?" He asked he genuinely could not piece anything together.

"I'm helping them"

Regulus felt his life flip "no."

"Yes"

It started making sense "that raid at the Bulstrode manor, no one knew how they found out, was it you?"

She nodded "Evan tells me everything and well I tell them everything"

He paced the room "you're not capable of getting away with this, one day they're going to trace it back to you, the dark lord will slaughter you"

She shrugged "at least I'd die knowing I did all that I could to stop him, I'd be helping the right people"

"The people who will lose."

She shook her head "I think they have a chance of winning, especially with my help"

"You can't die for them, you made a vow"

She sat down "that's my choice to make"

He still couldn't wrap his head around everything she had revealed. "How did you get them to trust you?"

She laughed "I made another unbreakable vow with your brother actually"

"Sirius?!"

"Yes I'm serious"

He rolled his eyes "My brother trusted you?"

"As much as he could, but the vow was just to make sure because you know I am a death eater"

He sat on the floor "so you're part of the order?"

She nodded "yeah I suppose I really just give them information they don't really tell me anything, we're kind of friends, hence the letters"

"So you're a blood traitor?"

"That's an awful thing to call someone"