Chapter 25

Stiles's Pov

I'm nervous.

I'm pretty sure that's been established.

I'm actually going on a date with Luke and I'm not sure what to do to calm my nerves down to stop myself from making a fool out of myself for when he arrives.

"Son, stop bouncing your knee. You're making me nervous and I'm not the one going on a date" Dad sighed. 

I sighed myself and stopped bouncing my knee.

My dad, Peter and Malia were the only ones present in the living room.

The others had left to do their own things. 

Well, the guys had plans to hang out at the arcade while Kira had plans to go shopping with her mom.

Peter and Malia didn't have anything to do and they just decided to stay with us until Luke came to pick me up.

Right now we're sitting on the couch.

Dad was currently drinking a glass of water while Malia was showing Peter something on her phone.

Ever since she got herself a phone she's mostly been on YouTube and looking up whatever funny video she finds.

She says she needs entertainment in her life and finding videos on YouTube is the best way to go. 

And she doesn't seem to mind sharing them with Peter and he doesn't seem to mind either.

He'd never admit this out loud, but he loves that him and Malia are bonding more and slowly easing into their father and daughter relationship.

Especially when they got off on a rocky start.

"Are you sure he's coming? It's been hours" Dad asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Dad, it's been two minutes" I deadpanned.

"Well it feels like it's been hours" Dad huffed. 

I rolled my eyes while Peter and Malia watched in amusement as well as letting out laughs of amusement. 

"Dad, come on. I'm pretty sure he's stuck in traffic or something. And even if he wasn't he would've called or texted me if he needs to reschedule things" I explained.

Dad simply huffed before taking another sip of his water. 

I bit my lip and occasionally glanced at the clock, not knowing if I should wish for the time to go slower or faster.  

I nearly jumped out of my own skin when a knock at the door was heard.

It's Luke...

He's here. He's finally here.

My eyes wandered over to the others to get a good look at their reaction.

Malia, almost immediately, had put her phone into her pocket and sat up straighter as a small smile appeared on her face.

Peter leaned his back against the couch and crossed his arms over his chest, anticipation washing over his face. 

I keep on forgetting that he doesn't really know what Luke looks like.

Well, guess this is his chance to finally meet him in person. 

Dad set his glass down on the table that was closest to him and stood up from the couch.

My eyes widened slightly and I quickly stood up too, wanting to get to the door before my old man did.

Unfortunately, dad had been quicker and had reached the door way before I could.