Chapter 23

BAU Privet Jet 

Nikki was quiet the entire trip to the airport and even through take off. "Here," Spencer said setting a mug of coffee down in front of her pulling her from her thoughts. "Thanks," she replied softly forcing a soft smile toward him. "Did you end up getting any sleep last night?" Spencer asked noticing the bags under Nikki's eyes were darker than they were yesterday. The brunette shook her head no as she took a sip of the coffee. "How much sleep did you get?" Morgan asked taking a seat next to Spencer. "I didn't," she replied looking at the case file. 

Nikki could feel eyes on her but didn't bother to look, "You haven't slept in 96 hours?"Spencer stated more than asked. Nikki shrugged, "I guess," she replied meeting Spencer's gaze. "You should try to get some sleep while we get there," Morgan suggested as Nikki shook her head. "I couldn't sleep if I wanted to," she replied trying to hide the sadness in her tone but Spencer caught it. It was similar to her tone of voice when she talked about what she experienced in University which made his blood boil to think about someone holding her against her will. Spencer also recognized the tone from when she talked about her time as a ranger.

Madison Police Department, Madison Wisconsin Illinois

Nikki was quiet the entire trip to the police station which is where Hotch sent her and Spencer to work on the geographical profile of all 3 crime scenes. Nikki sat at the table in the conferance table feeling Spencer's eyes on her the entire time. She knew he could tell something was bothering her. I mean she didn't try to hide it but she also wasn't advertising plus, maybe they'd remove the tumor, and as her mom said they might've caught it early enough that it's nothing serious. 

As Nikki was lost in thought staring at the case files she rested her head on her hand trying her hardest to stay awake but her eyes were getting heavier. "Why don't you go to the hotel and sleep for a couple of hours," Spencer suggested. Nikki shook her head no as she stood up, "I'm not tired, I just need more caffeine," she said softly before she went to the door only to have Spencer take her hand in his stopping her. 

Nikki paused in her tracks turning to face Spencer's hazel eyes that she couldn't resist. "What's going on Princess?" he asked softly as he tucked a piece of her stray hair behind her ear while still looking into her gorgeous bluish green eyes. "It's nothing to worry about Spence... at least not yet," Nikki replied. Spencer squeezed her hand reassuringly, "Whatever it is, you don't have to carry it alone and I'm not gonna try to force you to tell me. You'll tell me when you're ready, or not. I'm here for you either way darling," Spencer said kissing her forehead causing Nikki to smile at him. 

How was he literally so perfect, "Thanks Spence, and I will tell you just maybe not today." Nikki replied. "Well you know where to find me when your ready princess," Spencer said softly before Nikki walked out of the room to get a cup of coffee. 

Later that night Hotch sent Nikki back to the hotel rooms the agents were staying in while they were working their case in Wisconsin. The brunette didn't argue especially since everyone knew she hadn't slept in almost 5 days. Spencer drove Nikki back to the hotel where she only managed to sleep for 2 hours before she spent teh rest of the time tossing and turning which lead to pacing around the room all night worried about her mom's surgery tomorrow. 

Nikki ended up pacing all night until she noticed the sun come up along with a knock that followed on her hotel door shortly after. The brunette went over to the door and pulled it open to reveal JJ and Morgan. "Hey, you ready to head over to the station?" Jj asked her. "Yeah I just gotta change first, I'll meet you guys at the SUV," she told them earning a quiet nod before she closed the door.