Chapter 25--Misunderstanding

Cheryl's P.O.V

Lululala~ I hummed to myself as I skipped down the stairs to the kitchen. Jin oppa planned for me to stay home for a week to rest. I don't know why. I already told him I'm fine but he insisted. So here I am, still at home. I wonder what's happening im school now...

Hongbin's P.O.V

I turned to the person that grabbed my hand and I saw... Han Juyeong? "Don't hit him. Please." Those words barely got out of her mouth. I slowly released my grip on Hongbin as the anger slowly disappeared in me. "Sorry, I got too worked up." He just smiled at me,"Its okay, I don't keep grudges. And I know its because you care for Cheryl a lot, so it doesn't matter to me." I smiled in thankfulness.

Juyeong questioned,"Why did you guys fight? Over...Cheryl?" We both looked away from her gaze. "I knew it." There was a hint of disappointment in her voice. I turned to her. Her face was filled with hurt.

Did it hurt her so much that we were concerned about Cheryl?

{After school}

"Oppa!" A voice shoutes for me. I knew it was Han Juyeong before I turned around. "Oppa, shall we practise today? I'm free-" "I'm not." I coldly interupted her. She tried to act cute by pouting, "Why? We need to prepare though." "Go practise by yourself. Anyways its not a couple dance. We'll just match the moves on the performance day." I said again coldly. I just wanted to quickly go back and see how Cheryl was doing by herself at home. "Okay... Oppa, are you walking home? That way? I'm going the same way! To the supermart there." She pointed to the supermart along the road home. Groan.

"And so he totally embarressed himself there~ isn't that totally hilarious? Hahaha!!" She burst out laughing. I rolled my eyes. She has been talking for the past 10 mins without stopping. How cam someone even do that?

Finally, we reached the supermart. Usually, it takes about five minutes. But according to her, she walks as slow as a snail, because she wants to spend more time with me. Which I don't really want to do. "Thanks for walking me to the supermart, Jungkook oppa! I really appreciate it." She chirped. I fake-smiled,"No problem." Actually, what I really wanted to say was,"I didn't want to walk you here. And I was simply waling to my house there. You kept talking to me like a radio so...I didn't have a choice." I kept it in.

Just then, Juyeong looked somewhere and suddenly smiled slightly. What the? This girl is weird. She started approaching me slowly and I instimctively backed away. "Thanks oppa." She said in a seducive tone. She reached out and gave me a hug. This girl is really weird! I pushed her away and tried to piece my words together in a nice way,"If you would excuse me, I'll get going. As in, I'll be going home now." I turned around before she could say anything.

As I took my first few steps, I heard the sound of plastic bags dropping to the floor. I looked up to my right and I saw...

Cheryl?!

What was she doing here? Her hands were coverin her mouth in horror, as she slowly moved backwards, away from me. Don't tell me...she saw...Juyeong hugging me?! No! She can't! She can't have! There was betrayal in her eyes.

What should I do now...

Cheryl's P.O.V

I dropped the plastic bags that I was holding and covered my open mouth in shock. The sounds caused Jungkook oppa to look at me. His eyes widened and he gasped. I could feel tears rushing to my eyes, threatening to fall out anytime. I stepped backwards slowly, away from him.

This can't be true. He promised me. He did. He said he wouldn't betray me. Forever. But Han Juyeong just...just...hugged him. A sense of betrayal hit me as I fell to the ground. No... Please no...

When Jungkook oppa saw me fall to the ground, he rushed to me, "Cheryl ah, are you okay?" His eyes were full of concern. I just shook my head and pushed him away. "I'm not going to trust you again. Ever." I picked up my bags and walked away without turning back.