Two: Family and Rules

Going up to the TV and put it inside, sitting on the bed and clicking play.

Zachary was on the ground "Come on, Charlotte, you can do it princess."

A baby me giggled; I was standing there watching him. I was in a purple shirt that said, Princess on it. With a white bow in my hair.

"Charlotte, can you say, Sammy?"

I looked at him and smiled at him. Dean was in a school uniform I hadn't seen before. Zach was in one as well now that I noticed it. It was like they all just got back from school. The twins were by me on either side in jeans and a short sleeve shirts. The twins looked to be around 5 or 6, they were in tan pants with a blue shirt on that had the same logo that was on Dean and Zach's shirt. I did math in my head, Henry is 28 so he would be around 15, so that twins would have been 4 when I was born.

"Sampson, leave her alone," Dean said sternly, "She is learning to walk; besides I am sure her second word is going to be No, and I am going to laugh about it."

"You better not be teaching her to say no to everything or I'm going to get Father whoop your butt," Zachary warned.

The sternness in Dean's and Zachary's tone, I moved a little and fell on my bottom, I made a face and Dean and everyone looked at me. I looked like I was about to cry.

"Oopsie, Charlotte, fell down," I knew that voice, Mom. I leaned into my legs looking at the screen. "What are we doing here?" and a gentle hand picked me up and set me on my feet, she looked so young, "Are you walking with your big brothers?"

That's when I saw Henry walk through the door, he looked at the camera, our Father walked from behind him and instantly a huge smile lit my face. They both looked dark and ominous, which was weird, it was like they had a really hard day. Henry was in a suit he wasn't in a uniform like everyone else, I this he is 18 or something. I wasn't really watching myself in the video but.

"PAPA!" the baby me cried, my arms out and I bounced in one spot, "Papa, Papa, Papa."

Everyone was speechless, and the large smile on my Father's face was speechless as well the darkness and stress was gone in an instant. 

"How is my princess doing, I see your big brothers are trying to help you walk. Dean your homework finished?"

"Yes, sir."

Father picked me up and kissed my cheek and I kissed him back right on the lips. He held me close to his chest I looked at everyone and just held on to his shirt. Looking back at Henry who was smiling at me but still looked stressed. I held my arms out to him.

"Enry," I said, though everyone looked confused except Henry who was more than happy to hold me close to his chest. I kissed his lips as well; he chuckled and kissed my cheek. Okay weird. I leaned my head onto his chest, he bounced me up and down. The motion made me giggle and laugh.

"Hello Charlotte, how are you doing?"

"What are you guys recording?" Father asked.

"We were trying to get her first steps, though it looks like we got her second word instead," Dean smiled, "Seems it's Enry."

"I'm guessing she means Henry?" Noah asked, looked at Henry.

"Well maybe her next word will be Mama."

"Wanna bet Mother?" Dean smiled at her. "I'm sure it will be No."

"Oh, you are on little man."

"Little, I'm taller than you."

There was laughter in the video then it was over, another one about to play. I paused it. Why would mom take me away? None of it made any sense at all.

I smiled at the video. I left the DVD on the TV but turned it off. I went over and unpacked everything. Placing the photo of mom and I on my nightstand. And set the other photos that Henry gave me on the table. Remembering that I wanted to talk to Henry about the funeral for my mom. Well, our mom? Though I guessed I should talk to him later.